It is very common liver disorder. Liver is vital organ of our body. It helps to breakdown the food which we consume and it is also responsible for the removal of toxins from body. Nowadays liver problems are increasing day by day due to change in lifestyle, change in eating habits, increase in consumption of alcohol and excessive intake of medicines.
What is Jaundice?
Jaundice is also known as Icterus. It may occur at any age include infants, adults. In this condition, the skin turns to yellow color and the white parts of eye is also turned to yellow. It is due to the results of an increase in bile pigments and bilirubin in blood.
In Ayurveda, Jaundice is known as Kamala. As per ayurveda, our body is maintained by three essential energies named as vata, pitta and kapha. Disturbance in any of three energies results in problem in body. Aggravation of pitta cause liver disturbances. Ayurveda considers deformity of Ranjak pitta (a sub type of pitta) responsible for Jaundice.
Symptoms of Jaundice
Some common signs and symptoms of jaundice include:
- Yellowish discoloration of skin and white part of eye.
- Loss of appetite
- Burning sensation in body
Common Causes of Jaundice
Some common causes of jaundice are mentioned below:
- Inflammation of liver (known as hepatitis).
- Excessive circulation of bile pigments in blood.
- Excessive destruction of red blood cells.
- Impairment of liver function.
- Viral infection.
- Some other disease condition like malaria, tuberculosis.
Complications Associated with Jaundice
Hyper bilirubinemia or excess of bilirubin in blood that may cause accumulation of bilirubin in central nervous system which results in neurological damage which leads to condition called Kernicterus. It depends upon the level of exposure, range from clinically unnoticeable to severe brain damage and sometimes even death may occur.
Diagnosis and Tests
- Physical examination
- Blood test - It helps to check the level of bilirubin in blood.
- Skin test - It is done with the help of device called transcutaneous bilirubinometer.
Herbal Remedies for Jaundice by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers a Liver Care Pack which has the combination of herbal remedies which are beneficial in jaundice. These herbal remedies are prepared from best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsule twice daily after meals.
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsule twice daily after meals.
- Liver Detox Formula - 2 twice daily after meals.
1. ECHINACEA CAPSULES
It is pure extract of Andrographis paniculata (Echinacea) and belongs to family Acanthaceae. It is native to India and Sri Lanka.
- It is wonderful formulation for hepatitis and Jaundice.
- It helps to improve the immune system.
- It helps to remove toxins from body through stimulation of enzymes which are responsible for secretion.
- It has antibiotic and anti inflammatory properties also.
- It helps in proper circulation of blood.
2. YAKRIT PLIHANTAK CHURNA
It is pure natural herbal powder which is mixture of different herbs. These are Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Kalmegh (Andrograhis paniculata), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purprea), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Katuki (Picorrhiza kurroa), Makoy (Solanum indicum) and Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa).
- It is best remedy for liver problems.
- It helps liver to remove toxins from the body.
- It is helpful in reducing inflammation.
- It is helpful in regeneration of new liver cells.
3. PHYLLANTHUS NIRURI
It is pure extract of Phyllanthus niruri (Bhumi amla) and its common name is Niruri and belongs to family Phyllanthaceae.
- It is used to treat liver disorders mainly hepatitis.
- It has anti bacterial, anti spasmodic and analgesic properties.
- It also helps to relieve inflammation.
4. LIVER DETOX CAPSULES
These are pure natural capsules obtained from mixture of different herbs named as Katuki (Picorrhiza kurroa), Punaranava (Boerhavia diffusa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Makoy (Solanum nigrum), Kasni (Cichorium intybus), Biranjasipha (Achiellea millefolium), Jhavuka (Tamarix gallica), Himsra (Capparis spinosa) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
- It is used to clean and strengthen the liver.
- It is used in hepatitis.
- It has herbs for liver detoxification also which helps to revive liver cells.
To buy Liver Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/liver-care-pack
How it Works?
It works on the Ayurvedic principle. It mainly works on power of herbs that have ability to balance three energies which restore our body system to proper functioning. These herbs improve immune system and help our body to recover from ailments.
Yakrit Plihantak Churna helps in correcting liver metabolism by regenerating ineffective liver cells. It has also anti inflammatory properties which moderates the condition of liver enlargement. Phyllanthus niruri Capsules It also promotes the production of red blood cells.
Echinacea Capsules have property to fight with any kind of infection.
Liver Detox Capsules which helps to remove toxins from body. Overall it is best herbal treatment for liver disease like jaundice by Planet Ayurveda.
- Take proper rest
- Take proper meal which should be healthy.
- Increase intake of whole wheat flour, brown rice, amla, spinach, fruits, raisins, almonds and cardamom.
- Avoid unnecessary exercise and stressful conditions.
- Avoid hot spicy, oily and heavy food.
- Avoid intake of alcohol.
- Maintain hydration by drinking fluids.