WHAT IS OLIGOSPERMIA?
Sexual health is also as important as good physical health. One should never feel shy to share their sexual problems. Sometimes these problems ruin self-esteem and social life. There is nothing bad to talk & discuss about sex problems and relationships. Because these complications can become the reason of frictions in married couples.
Oligospermia, refers to semen with a low concentration of sperms and is common in male infertility. Often semen with a decreased sperm concentration may also show significant abnormalities in sperm morphology and motility. Sperm count is considered to be low if its less than 15 million per milliliter of semen. Oligospermia results in inability to conceive a child.
WHAT CAN BE THE SYMPTOMS WHICH ARE ASSOCIATED WITH OLIGOSPERMIA?
- Problem in sexual functioning like difficulty to maintain erection (Erectile dysfunction).
- Infertility is the major symptom. In this problem Female partner is not able to conceive even after trying for months.
- Lump formation, pain or swelling in testicle area.
- Reduction in facial, body hair or other signs like hormonal imbalance.
WHAT CAN BE THE CAUSES OF OLIGOSPERMIA?
- Infection - The inflammation of the epididymis (epididymitis) or testicles (orchitis) and one of the sexually transmitted infections, including gonorrhea or HIV. Some of these infections can result in permanent damage of testicular, most often sperm can still be retrieved. These complication can lead to less production of sperms or block the passage of it.
- Ejaculation problems - There are various health conditions like urethra, prostate or bladder surgery which is responsible for this problem. Certain medications may also result in ejaculatory complications.
- Tumors - Tumors also affects the reproductive organs which affect the male fertility.
- Hormonal imbalances - Pituitary, hypothalamus and testicles produce hormones which are necessary for sperm production. Imbalances of these hormones result in impairment of sperm production.
- Blockage in tubules which transports sperm, this problem also leads to Oligospermia.
- Chromosome defects like Klinefelter's syndrome, Kallmann's syndrome and kartagener's syndrome are responsible for infertility.
- Certain medications like steroid use, cancer medications, use of certain antifungal or antibiotics lead to impairment in sperm production.
- Lifestyle - Wearing tight clothes and doing sitting jobs for prolonged periods may cause the increase in temperature of scrotum which results in decreased sperm production.
- Alcohol consumption may lower testosterone levels and results in the decreased sperm production.
- Smoking may also be responsible for lowering the sperm count.
- Emotional stress, obesity may also be responsible for lowering the sperm count.
AYURVEDIC CONCEPT ON OLIGOSPERMIA
In Ayurveda, Oligospermia is called Shukra kshaya. It causes napunskata (impotency). Mainly there are three doshas - vata, pitta and kapha in Ayurveda which are required for a healthy body. Imbalance in any of three doshas results in health complications. Oligospermia is the result of imbalanced pitta dosha which leads to loss of Shukra dhatu. In old age Shukra kshaya is physiological as a result of dhatu kshaya. There are various herbs and natural compounds in Ayurveda which are quite beneficial to treat this problem.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR OLIGOSPERMIA BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda always offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Tribulus Power Pack for ayurvedic treatment of Oligospermia. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These herbs are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
HOW TO USE?
- Atirasadi Churna: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water or milk, 1/2 hr. after meals.
- Tribulus Power: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water, 1/2 hr. after meals.
- Chandraprabha Vati: 2 tablets twice daily, with plain water, 1/2 hr. after meals.
- Shilajit Capsules: 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water, 1/2 hr. after meals.
- Tri-bull Oil: As per instructions on the packaging. Once every alternate day.
- Amogh Passion Oil: The appropriate quantity of oil may be massaged once a day or as directed by the physician.
1. ATIRASADI CHURNA
Atirasadi churna is a wonderful formulation of Planet Ayurveda and supports the good male reproductive health. Thus this herbal remedy is quite effective in the treatment of Oligospermia.
This herbal formulation is an amazing blend of 13 herbs which are given below:-
|S. No.||Indian Name||English Name||Latin Name||Qty|
|1.||Safed Musli||Musli||Chlorophytum borivilianum||30 gm|
|2.||Kali Musli||Black Musale||Curculigo orchioides||20 gm|
|3.||Semal Musli||Silk Cotton Tree||Bombax ceiba||20 gm|
|4.||Gokshura||Puncture twine||Tribulus terrestris||20 gm|
|5.||Shatavari||Asparagus||Asparagus racemosus||20 gm|
|6.||Ashwagandha||Winter Cherry||Withania somnifera||20 gm|
|7.||Akarkara||Pellitory||Anacyclus pyrethrum||20 gm|
|8.||Vidari Kand||Hawaiian Baby Woodrose||Pueraria tuberosa||10 gm|
|9.||Varahi Kand||Wild Yam||Dioscorea bulbifera||10 gm|
|10.||Safed Behmen||Centaurea||Centaurea behen||10 gm|
|11.||Jaiphal/Javitri||Nutmeg/Mace||Myristica fragrans||10 gm|
|12.||Taalmakhana||Hygrophila||Hygrophila spinosa||05 gm|
|13.||Kesar||Saffron||Crocus sativus||05 gm|
2. TRIBULUS POWER
Planet Ayurveda offers an herbal product Tribulus power is available in the form of capsules. This herbal product is prepared from the pure extract of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), which helps to increase testosterone levels and increases the blood flow to penis. This helps to improve the functioning of sex organs and maintain the good sperm health and hence proves as an effective remedy for the treatment of Oligospermia.
3. CHANDERPRABHA VATI
Chanderprabha vati is the wonderful blend of various natural ingredients and helps to maintain overall health of body. Herbs used in the formulation of this product are packed with miraculous properties and helps to maintain the good male reproductive health. Each Tablet is 500 mg.
Major Ingredients are:
|Sr. No.||Latin Name||Sanskrit Name||Parts|
|8||Emblica officinalis||Amalaki (Amla)||4|
|11||Tinospora cordifolia||Guduchi (Giloy)||4|
|17||Rock salt||Saindhav Lavan||4|
|18||Sodium sulphate||Suvarchal Lavan||4|
|19||Balck salt||Vida Lavan||4|
Ref. Ayurvedic Text - Sharangdhar/Chapter of Diabetes
4. SHILAJIT CAPSULES
Shilajit capsules are pure extract of natural compound named as Shilajit (Asphaltum). This natural compound helps to improve the spermatogenesis. Thus it helps to increase the sperm production. This herbal remedy for Oligospermia is quite effective and gives the satisfactory results in males.
5. TRIBULL OIL
This is herbal oil is made from the combination of various herbs like Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Gambhari chal (Gmelina arborea), Kaner root (Nerium oleander), Vjradanti (Barleria prionitis) and various other natural compounds. This oil helps to support the male reproductive organs.
6. Amogh Passion Oil
This herbal product is available in the form of oil and helps to support the male reproductive organs.
To buy Tribulus Power Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/tribulus-power-pack
SUGGESTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED
- Do daily massage and exercises to enhance blood circulation
- Follow a healthy diet and lifestyle
- Avoid pitta aggravating factors- spicy food, stress, over excretion and etc.
- Consult a physician to take a special combination of rasayanas (rejuvenating) and vajikaran (aphrodisiac)
- Also can go for Panchakarma to eliminate toxic materials from the deeper channels of the body
HOW CAN YOGA HELP IN OLIGOSPERMIA?
Yoga is always helpful and beneficial by promoting the unity between mind and body. Always keep these points in notice while doing yoga.
- Yoga to be done on flat and even surfaces
- Remember to wear comfortable, loose clothing
- Don't over-extend or push yourself into the final position of a pose
- Always take help of a yoga tutor so you don't hurt yourself it can be harmful
YOGA ASAN TO BE FOLLOWED WITH THE HELP OF INTRUCTURE
- Agnisaar Kriya
- Surya Namaskara
- Ardha Matsyendrasana