Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandhyadirogadhikar 350/154-156
Jwalanal ras is an Ayurvedic herbal formulation. It is based on herbal and mineral composition. It is used in the treatment of indigestion.
- Bhang Churna (Powder of Cannabis sativa) - 9 parts
- Shigru Twak Churna (Powder of Moringa oleifera) – 4.5 parts
- Yavakshar (Hordeolum vulgare) - 1 part
- Sarjikakshara (Sodium carbonate) - 1 part
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury) - 1 part
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 1 part
- Pippali Churna (Powder of Piper longum) - 1 part
- Chavya Churna (Powder of Piper chaba) - 1 part
- Chitrakmool Churna (Powder of Plumbago zeylanica) - 1 part
- Shunthi Churna (Powder of Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
Description of Ingredients
- Bhang Churna - This is used in ayurveda for its health benefits. It has a sedative effect. In Ayurveda, it is used in treating low digestion, IBS, insomnia and pains. It comes under the Upavisha group which means sub-toxic herbs. It balances vata and kapha dosha.
- Shigru Twak Churna - This Ayurvedic herb has been used as a part of diet in India since ages. It is used in the treatment of the digestive, heart and circulatory system. It shows good results in indigestion.
- Yavakshar - This is an alkali preparation which is prepared from Barley. It promotes digestion and is helpful in digesting Aama dosha (Endotoxins). It is beneficial in indigestion, bloating, diarrhea etc.
- Sarjikakshara - It is an Ayurvedic medicine mainly indicated in abdominal pain and abdominal lump. It helps in kindling the digestive fire and improves digestion. It balances vata and kapha dosha.
- Shuddha Parada - This detoxified mercury showed very good results in the treatment of digestive ailments. It has a digestant and appetizer action. It provides strength to the body.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is used in the Ayurvedic treatment after purification. It is light yellow in colour. It promotes good gut health and is also beneficial in skin diseases.
- Pippali Churna - This herb is very best for digestive problems. It helps in proper digestion, stimulates digestive fire etc. It is also beneficial in throat infections.
- Chavya Churna - This herb helps in treating coughs, asthma, abdominal pain, bloating etc. It also relieves constipation, improves digestion and also shows good effects in worm infestation.
- Chitrakmool Churna - This Ayurvedic herb is good in treating digestive symptoms such as indigestion, constipation, bloating, abdominal distension etc. It helps in digestive ailment due to its deepan (Appetizer) and pachana (digestion) properties.
- Shunthi Churna - This is also known as Ginger. It is quite a recognized Ayurvedic herb. It is very effective in poor digestion. It has an appetizer effect. It stimulates the appetite of the person. It helps in digestion of undigested food. It also helps in abdominal pain.
Method Of Preparation
- In a kharal make a kajjali with a mixture of parad and gandhak.
- Add rest of the powders in this kajjali and give 3 alternative bhavna with Bhanga swaras (Extracts of cannabis sativa), shigru kwak swaras (Powder of Moringa oleifera), chitrakmool kwath (Decoction of Plumbago zeylanica) and Bhringraj swaras (Extracts of Eclipta alba).
- After drying, give light heat to this preparation.
- After cooling take out this medicine and again give 7 bhavna with Adraka swaras (Extracts of Zingiber officinale).
- Make 250 mg tablet and dry them under the shadow.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container.
Jwalanal ras is a classical medicine. This formulation is used in digestive ailments. The ingredients help in increasing or enhancing the power of the digestive fire. The ingredients such as Shunthi, Pippali are very much effective in treating digestive disorders. They just promote good digestive health.
- Abdominal distension
- Cardiac diseases
1 tablet twice a day with warm water
It should be taken under the medical advice.