Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Vataraktadhikar 579/71
Guduchyadi loha is a potent Ayurvedic formulation. It is useful in the treatment of Vatarakta (Gout).
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Calx) - 500 gm
- Guduchi Satva (Tinospora cordifolia) - 50 gm
- Amla Churna (Powder of Emblica officinalis) - 50 gm
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia chebula) - 50 gm
- Bibhitaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia bellerica) - 50 gm
- Shunthi Churna (Powder of Zingiber officinale) - 50 gm
- Pippali Churna (Powder of Piper longum) - 50 gm
- Maricha Churna (Powder of Piper nigrum) - 50 gm
- Vaividang Churna (Powder of Embelia ribes) - 50 gm
- Nagarmotha Churna (Powder of Cyperus rotundus) - 50 gm
- Chitrakmool Churna (Powder of Plumbago zeylanica) - 50 gm
Description of Ingredients
- Loha Bhasma - This is the Iron calx formulation. It is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of Anemia, Indigestion, and Diarrhea etc. This ingredient is also beneficial in treating high uric acid in the blood.
- Guduchi Satva - This ingredient has immense health benefits. It is helpful in pacifying pitta dosha and hence useful in diseases like indigestion, constipation, fever, Gout, Fatigue, liver problems etc.
- Amla Churna - This powder is very beneficial against most of the diseases. It is effective against indigestion, hyperacidity, boosting immunity etc. It is also helpful in clearing away the uric acid crystals from the body.
- Haritaki Churna - This is also called the mother of herbs as it pacifies all the three doshas in the body. Some of the benefits are that it improves digestion, supports healthy liver, constipation etc.
- Bibhitaki Churna - This is used in Ayurveda to treat various diseases such as fever, respiratory disorders, constipation. It is also helpful in inflammatory conditions.
- Shunthi Churna - It is used to improve the metabolism of the body. It is a good appetizer. It is very helpful in decreased appetite. It is also beneficial in throat infections and cold.
- Pippali Churna - It plays a great role in many diseases. It is helpful in digestive problems, respiratory problems, metabolic disorders etc.
- Maricha Churna - It improves the digestive tract and helps in digestion and alleviates the symptoms such as indigestion, flatulence, bloating, constipation etc. It pacifies vata dosha which is the cause of vatarakta.
- Vaividang Churna - It is a powerful anti-parasitic herb in Ayurveda. It is widely used in improving the digestion (Worm infestation). It pacifies Vata dosha. It is also used in the treatment of bloating, distension, anorexia, pain, inflammation etc.
- Nagarmotha Churna - It is a potent diuretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic etc. So Nagarmotha is very useful in treating Gout conditions.
- Chitrakmool Churna - It is widely used in the treatment of digestive ailments. It promotes good digestion, stimulates appetite and is helpful in indigestion, loss of appetite, anorexia, cough etc.
Method Of Preparation
- Take all the above mentioned ingredients in a kharal yantra or Ajnars machine and properly mixes this mixture.
- Give water bhavna for 2-3 days.
- Make 375 mg tablet and dry them under the shadow.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container.
Guduchyadi loha is a classical formulation used for centuries. It is used in the treatment of Vatarakta (Gout). The ingredients are also helpful in managing digestive power by stimulating digestive fire. This formulation pacifies vata dosha. Guduchi is the best herb for treating gouty arthritic conditions. It is also helpful in enhancing immunity. This Ayurvedic remedy has anti-inflammatory properties and hence useful in Gout.
- Vatarakta (Gout)
- Loss of appetite
- Respiratory ailments
- Low immunity
1 tablet twice a day with honey or Guduchi swaras (Extracts of Tinospora cordifolia).
It should be taken under medical advice.