Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Shoolarogadhikar 633/194-196
Gudmandoor is a classical Ayurvedic medicine. It is used in the treatment of abdominal pain.
- Shuddha Mandoor Churna (Powder of purified Ferric oxide) - 140 gm
- Gud (Jaggery) - 46 gm
- Amla Churna (Powder of Emblica officinalis) - 46 gm
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia chebula) - 46 gm
- Madhu (Honey) - 46 gm
- Ghrit (Ghee) - 46 gm
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Mandoor Churna - This is an Ayurvedic calcinated iron formulation. In Ayurveda it is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia. Mandoor has an antispasmodic effect also. It is used in abdominal pains.
- Gud - It is a sweetner in Indian kitchens. It balances Vata and Pitta dosha. It is used in flushing out the toxins from the body. It promotes the healthy digestive system. It also helps in acidity, diabetes, regulates periods etc.
- Amla Churna - This is a very effective ingredient in Ayurveda. It is used in a variety of diseases. It helps in maintaining proper digestion, improves vision, relieves acidity, prevents aging, boosts immunity etc.
- Haritaki Churna - This is useful in pacifying all the three doshas that are vata, pitta and kapha. It is mainly used in indigestion. It aids digestion by increasing digestive enzymes, prevents constipation. It also detoxifies the body from toxins.
- Madhu - It has healing properties such as Shodhana (Purification), Ropana (Healing), Sandhana (Union). It is helpful in eye problems, digestive problems, mouth ulcers etc.
- Ghrit - It is a mild laxative and useful in constipation and piles. It removes the harmful free radicals in the body and helps in detoxification of the body from harmful toxins.
Method Of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of Shuddha Mandoor.
- Mix amala and haritaki powder with Ghrit and honey.
- Let them dry under the sunlight.
- Keep this mixture in a glass container.
Gudmandoor is an Ayurvedic formulation used in the treatment of abdominal pain. The ingredients in this formulation help in improving digestion by stimulating the digestive fire which is called Agni in Ayurveda. This formulation maintains the healthy gut system and also helps in relieving abdominal pain due to indigestion or other digestive reasons.
- Abdominal pain
2-3 gm with cold water.
It should be taken under medical advise.