Reference - Sahasrayoga Churna Prakarana 96.
Kalyana Ksharam is an ayurvedic formulation that is made up from mixture of significant herbs. This formulation is very effective in treating problems of digestion and bowel problems.
- Triphala (Haritaki - Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellirica, Amalaki - Emblica officinalis)
- Trikatu (Pepper - Piper nigrum, Long pepper - Piper longum, Ginger - Zingiber officinale)
- Saindhava namak - Rock salt
- Bida - Black salt
- Samudra namak - Simple salt
- Bhilava - Semecarpus anacardium
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica
- Danti - Baliospermum montanum
- Eranda taila - Castor oil
- Cow urine
Method of preparation
- Take chitraka, triphala, danti, trikatu and bhilava up to 10 grams. Take castor oil up to 80 ml and cow urine up to 160 ml.
- Now put all the ingredients in a close container and burn to get its ash.
- After burning process you get the kshara.
125 to 500 mg for oral and external application, in different conditions, according to the prescription of the doctor.
- Worm infestation
- Stomach ache
- Over dose may cause diarrhea or burning sensations.
- Avoid if you are taking the treatment regarding male infertility.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Avoid in case of underweight.