Kanaka Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Kshudra Roga 59 - 122/123. Page no. 944.
Kanaka Thailam (Oil) is an Ayurvedic oil used in the treatment of oral diseases and to relieve skin scars and face pigmentation.
- Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrhiza glabra – 768 ml
- Taila – Sesame oil – 192 ml
8 gm each of:
- Priyangu – Callicarpa macrophylla
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Chandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Utpala – Nymphaea Caerulea
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
How to Make?
Make a kasahya or decoction of licorice in water then add this decoction into sesame oil. Make a fine powder of rest all ingredients and mix.
- Oral diseases
- Face pigmentation
- Dark circles
How to Use?
- Used for external application only
- It is used to apply over the face and massage.
There are no side effects with this oil on external application.