Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali 44/806/60-62
Kanchnaar gutika is a classical Ayurvedic formulation. This is effective in goiter, ulcers etc.
- Shuddha Guggul - 36 Parts
- Madhu (Honey) - 30 Parts
- Kanchnaar Twak - 18 Parts
- Triphala - 3 Parts
- Trikatu - 6 Parts
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Guggul - This is used in Ayurveda for various diseases after purification. It is used in various pains as it has analgesic property. Guggul also has antifungal and antimicrobial property.
- Honey - In Ayurveda it is used as internally and externally as well. It is mainly used in the treatment of eye diseases, cough, thirst, hiccups, obesity, asthma etc. It pacifies vitiated kapha dosha.
- Kanchnaar Twak - It pacifies two dosha that is Pitta and Kapha. It has Astringent action. It is useful in hypothyroidism, PCOS, Tumors, cysts etc. It is mainly useful in cancer problems.
- Triphala - This contains three best things that are Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica). These three together act as Rasayan and are useful in numerous diseases because Triphala pacifies all three humors (Vata, Pitta and Kapha).
- Trikatu - It contains Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale). Pippali and Shunthi is best for respiratory conditions such as cough, dyspnea etc and maricha acts as an Appetizer. It is useful in digestive problems.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of Triphala, Trikatu and Kanchnaar.
- Then cook shuddha Guggul with the decoction of Triphala.
- When the mixture becomes thick in texture then adds powders of Triphala, Trikatu and Kanchnaar.
- Let this mixture dry under sunlight and then add honey.
- Store this mixture in a glass container.
Kanchnaar gutika is a classical Ayurvedic medicine. This formulation is beneficial in goiter, ulcers and lymphadenopathies. This formulation is also effective in digestive problems. They enhance the digestive power by stimulating digesting fire. As Ayurveda says, the root cause of every disease is low digestive fire that is Mandagni. The herbs in this formulation are effective in digestive problems as well.
3 gm with warm milk twice a day.
Take under the medical supervisions.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile