Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Pandurogadhikar 380/44-50
Kamlantak loha is a classical medicine which is used in ancient times till now. This is a herbo-mineral composition and is effective in increasing blood count. It is beneficial in jaundice.
- Loha Bhasma (Iron bhasma) - 80 gm
- Abhrak Bhasma (Calcined Mica) - 40 gm
- Mandoor Bhasma (Iron formulation) - 20 gm
- Vanga Bhasma (Tin metal) - 10 gm
- Jeera (Cuminum cyminum) - 10 gm
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 10 gm
- Pippali (Piper longum) - 10 gm
- Gajpippali (Scindaspus officinalis) - 10 gm
- Tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala) - 10 gm
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) - 10 gm
- Chavya (Piper chava) - 10 gm
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) - 10 gm
- Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi) - 10 gm
- Katphal (Myrica nagi) - 10 gm
- Rasna (Pluchea indica) - 10 gm
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) - 10 gm
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) - 10 gm
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - 10 gm
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) - 10 gm
- Rasanjan (Extract of Berberis aristata) - 10 gm
- Atisa (Aconitum heterophyllum) - 10 gm
Description of Main Ingredients
- Loha Bhasma - This is an iron compound and is used in Ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of Anemia. It increases the RBBCs count and also treats jaundice. It is also useful in liver disorders, spleen enlargement.
- Abhrak Bhasma - This is Classical ayurvedic formulation. This potent mineral formulation has the ability of pacifying the tridosha. It improves digestion, useful in anemic condition etc.
- Mandoor Bhasma - Old iron rust is used for manufacturing of this bhasma. It is a mineral choice for iron deficiency anemia. It is also used for amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, jaundice etc.
- Vanga Bhasma - It is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Tin metal with a calcination process. It is useful in liver and spleen disorders, male and female reproductive systems. It is also beneficial in adrenal insufficiency. It supports adrenal gland and iodine supports thyroid gland. It has hematogenic properties also.
- Jeera - It contains antioxidants properties. It is also beneficial in stomach upset. It pacifies Kapha dosha. it has appetizer, astringent, digestive actions.
- Shunthi - It is effective in relieving stomach upset, improves metabolism, perfect aid for cough and cold. It is helpful in promoting digestive fire and helps in various digestive problems.
- Pippali - It is a very unique spice. It has the qualities to give relief from indigestion, asthma, cough etc. It is also beneficial for liver and spleen disorders and helpful in increasing hemoglobin level.
- Daruhaldi - Roots of Daruhaldi are hepatoprotective and helpful in maintaining normal liver functions. It also maintains digestive health.
- Katphal - This Ayurvedic herb is useful in anemic conditions. It is helpful in maintaining Hb level in the blood. Also it is beneficial in intestinal worms, diabetes and diarrhea. It helps to control bleeding.
- Rasna - It is an effective herb which is used as rasayana and purifies blood. It clears out the toxins from the blood. Rasna is used as an antidote for snake poisoning.
- Rasanjan - It is an extract form of Daruhaldi. It helps in increasing RBCs count and platelet count. This extract form helps in maintaining the health of the liver and spleen.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of all herbs.
- Mix this fine powder with all the above mentioned Bhasma (mineral compounds).
- Then give bhavna with the extracts of Bhringraj (Eclipta prostrata) and Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica) and decoction of Bakuchi (Psoralea corylifolia) for 3 days and let them dry.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container.
Kamlantak loha is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is composed of herbal and mineral compounds. This formulation is very effective in Anemia of any cause. The mineral compounds such as Loha, Mandoor and Vanga are useful in increasing the blood count in the body and also helpful in maintaining the health of the liver. Loha bhasma is useful in maintaining iron content in the body which is useful in maintaining Hemoglobin level.
- Liver and spleen disorders
250 mg twice a day with honey.
- Avoid in children.
- It should be taken under medical supervision.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile