Reference - Ras Ratna Samuchaya
In present times, fast food is the food of choice for everyone. But we all know that it is the least nutrient giving food. Still we all like it the most? Aren't you? Yes, right! But It causes lots of abdominal diseases, so to manage these disorders what should we do? Don't worry! Ayurveda is here to help you. Today we are going to discuss one of the wonderful formulations indicated in abdominal issues i.e. Kapardak bhasma and its numerous health benefits which are mentioned in classical texts.
Kapardak bhasma is also known as kapardika bhasma, cowrie bhasma, Kaudi bhasma, varatika bhasma. It is an ayurvedic calcined preparation mainly used in managing disorders of the digestive tract. Kapardak bhasma has hot potency but it has an alkaline effect in the stomach. Thus it stops the excess secretion of HCL.
Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Kapardak (Yellow coloured)
Description Of The Ingredients
- Kaparda (Calcium carbonate) - It is mainly a calcium carbonate compound which helps in relieving pain, IBS, tuberculosis due to its katu (pungent), ushna (hot), digestive stimulant and aphrodisiac properties. It balances vata and kapha dosha and also aids in managing acid reflux and heartburn.
Method Of Preparation
- Dig a hole on the ground of 1 hand length and thickness and put a pan of iron inside the hole.
- Then put all the kaudi (varatika) on that iron pan and cover this with a tin sheet.
- Now spread forest thorns all over the tin sheets and light the fire.
- After 8 hours of burning just make it lukewarm.
- Keep the ash aside and collect the varatika (white coloured)
- Now do mardan (frolement) of varatika with nimbu swaras and prepare muffins.
- Dry these muffins and burn it in gajputta by closing it in sharava samputta.
- After 1 putt, bhasma will be ready.
Kapardak bhasma has Katu (pungent) and tikta (bitter) rasa, Laghu (light), rooksha (dry) and theekshana guna (Sharp), ushna veerya (hot potency), Katu vipaka (Result after digestion) and mainly pacifies vata and kapha dosha but it has alkaline property due to which it prevents the excessive secretion of gastric acid and pacifies the amla guna of pitta thus helpful in reducing elevated pitta. It also alleviates ama from the body and supports healthy digestion. Let's see some of its tremendous health benefits:-
- Kapardak bhasma possess carminative and antiflatulent and vata shamak properties therefore useful in abdominal pain, bloating, intestinal gas, and excessive flatulence. It gives better results when given with cow’s ghee and mishri. Kapardika bhasma with arogyavardhini vati is very helpful in these cases.
- It is very good in preventing belching as it reduces the production and accumulation of ama (endotoxins) dosha in the body. It also prevents the sour taste of the mouth by correcting digestion.
- Kapardak bhasma with swarna makshik aids in inducing vomiting and expels the Sour vomitus and mucus content.
- If Kapardak bhasma is given with Madhu then it shows wonders in ajeerna (indigestion). But in rasa ajeerna it is advised to be given with Hingwashtak churna.
- In parinamshoola (Duodenal ulcer), it should be given with dadim swarasa and dadimavaleha and in Annadrav shoola (Gastric ulcers) it should be given with Shankh bhasma.
- In grahani (Malabsorption syndrome), it is advised to take jeera churna.
- In Agnimandya (low digestive fire) it is given with trikatu churna.
- In Shwas roga (Dyspnoea), it is given with pippali churna and madhu.
- In karna strava (CSOM (Chronic suppurative otitis media)), it should be poured in the ear and afterwards add nimbu swaras.
- In dry cough, it is advised to take it with malai or pan swaras.
- In Kshaya roga it should be given with makhan.
3gm -6 mg once or twice a day or as directed by the physician.
Cow's ghee, Mishri or as according to the disease.
- Store it in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from the children
- Avoid giving in pregnancy or lactation
- Always take after consulting an Ayurvedic physician
Therefore, coming to an end, we can say kapardak bhasma is beneficial in managing Various health disorders if given with proper adjuvant and in proper doses. This medicine works well if we follow the diet properly and adapt to a healthy lifestyle. For more queries you can consult online on email@example.com.