Reference - Sahasra Yoga, Churna prakarana, 23.
Karpooradi Churna is an ayurvedic formulation which consists of several herbs. These herbs are very effective in case of digestive and respiratory diseases.
- Twak – Cinnamomum tamala
- Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
- Jatiphala – Myristica fragrans
- Jatidala – Myristica fragrans's fruit pericarp
- Takkola – Dalbergia lanceolaria
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Clove – Syzygium aromaticum
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Ginger – Zingiber officinale
Method of Preparation
- Take the ingredients in proper given proportion. These proportions are camphor, takkola, jatidala, twak and jatiphala up to 10 grams, clove up to 20 grams, maricha up to 40 grams, dry ginger 60 grams and nagakeshara up to 30 grams.
- Now made the powder of all herbs individually and mix to make Karpooradi Churna.
One to three grams with sugar and water, one or two times a day after meals.
- Cold and cough
- Difficulty in breathing
High doses can cause gastric irritation.