Karpur Ras - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Atisara Rogadhikara.
Karpur Ras is one of the best effective ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of minerals and herbs. One of the main ingredient of this formulation, the karpura which is known to contain properties such as decongestant, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, digestive, anti-oxidant, anti-arthritic and many more.
- Karpoora – Cinnamomum camphora
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Ahiphena – Papaver somniferum
- Indrayava – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Jatiphala – Myristica fragrans
- Shuddha Hingula – Purified and processed Cinnabar.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients up to the quantity of 10 grams.
- Powder all the ingredients and ground it with kashaya or juice of adrak (ginger) for three days.
- Take the paste quantity up to 125 grams and made its pills.
One tablets one to two times a day, before or after meals, with honey or decoction of musta.
- Dysentery associated with blood
- Gastro intestinal conditions
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation.
- Take medicine under doctor's prescription.