Khadiradi Kashayam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sahasrayoga Parishishta Prakarna
Khadiradi Kashayam is an herbal formulation made from Acacia catechu and other herbs. The main ingredient is Acacia catechu. This formulation aids in treating worm infestations etc. also, this medicine helps in balancing Kapha and pitta.
- Catechu tree (Acacia catechu)
- Conessi tree (Holarrhena antidysentrica)
- Indian lilac (Azadirachta indica)
- Sweet flag (Acorus calamus)
- Trikatu (Black pepper, Long pepper and Ginger)
- Triphala (The myrobalans – Haritaki, Bibhitaki and Indian gooseberry)
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
Method of Preparation
Clean all the ingredients and crush them to form a coarse powder. Add this to water and let it boil till the entire amount reduces to 1/4th. Filter it and store the filtrate in tinted glass bottles away from heat and light.
5 to 10 ml mixed with equal amount water before meals or on an empty stomach.
- Worm infestation
- Blood purifier
- Skin disorders
- Promotes wound healing
- Over dosage may cause loose stools.
- There are no reported side effects.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile