Lashuna Erandadi Kashayam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sahasrayoga, Kashayam Prakarna
Lashuna Erandadi Kashayam is a liquid herbal formulation. Lashun or Garlic is the main ingredient of this composition. This formulation helps in curing ascites, bloating, flatulence etc.
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Castor (Ricinus communis)
- Fever nut (Caesalpinia bonducella)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- East Indian globe thistle (Sphaeranthus indicus)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
Method of Preparation
Clean and coarsely grind all the ingredients. Boil all the ingredients in water till the amount is reduced to 1/4th of the actual amount.
5 - 10 ml of this formulation can be mixed with equal amount of water on an empty stomach or as advised by the doctor. This formulation can be taken with a pinch of asafetida.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Gas distention
- Self-medication is not advised.
- Over dosage might irritate the gastric mucosa.