HOME REMEDIES FOR KIDNEY DISEASES
Proper and balanced diet plan is must in kidney failure to decreases the load on kidneys. Diet plan and home remedies for kidney diseases is designed according individual's body constitution, State of disease and general health condition.
Your kidneys filter wastes and excess fluids from your blood which are excreted out through urine. Kidney diseases are also known as kidney failure or renal failure as renal is another name for kidney. In kidney failure, fluids, electrolytes and toxins build up in the body as kidneys are not able to remove them out. In the early stages, patient may not have or have very few signs and symptoms of kidney failure. chronic kidney failure can reach to the stage of end stage renal failure ( ESRD) which leaves with only two options only, either dialysis or kidney transplant. So it is really important to take care of your kidneys and there are various alternative methods or you can say treatments for various kidney diseases.
HERE ARE SOME EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES
- Olive oil among all oils has been proved safe for kidneys so it is better if people use olive oil for cooking and that is a better option.
- Soak vegetables in water for at least one hour before cooking. This is done to reduce the potassium level.
- Basil or Tulsi leaves are good to have every morning as it is immunity modulator and very good antioxidant.
- One can have cabbage, apples, reddish, bell peppers, pear, cauliflower, and diet which are high fiber with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green tea being a strong antioxidant is good to have.
- Boiled food diet is highly recommended.
- Eat less at a time and it is better to avoid heavy 2 or three meals.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking too.
- Avoid diet with items that are rich in potassium like potato, banana, mushroom, spinach, fish, yogurt, white beans, and dried apricots.
- Avoid intake of salt or take in very less quantity.
- Pranayam that balances sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system is considered to be very useful.
- Aasanas like uttanpadasana is recommended which massage kidneys naturally by contracting spine.
- Kapal bhati helps to remove toxins and therefore cleanses the blood and decreases workload on kidneys.