Ayurvedic Treatment of Kidney Stones
About Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are one of the most common and most painful disorder of the urinary tract. The medical term to describe stone occurring in urinary tract is urolithiasis. It is also known as urinary tract stone disease and nephrolithiasis. Kidney stone is a hard crystal mass that builds up inside the kidney. Urine contains chemicals which forms the stones and also prevents the stones. When these chemicals doesn't balance each other the crystal formation occurs. As this clump keeps increasing, it forms a stone. Kidney stone can be tiny or very large as golf balls. Tiny stones can travel down through the urinary tract and pass out of the body with urine without being noticed. While large stone moves into ureter and causes extreme severe pain. Kidney stones are usually yellow or brown in colour.
Cause of Kidney Stones
The common cause of kidney stone is dehydration or imbalance of body fluids which makes the urine concentrated along with chronic urinary tract infections like cystic kidney diseases.
Some medications specially overdose of painkillers and certain metabolic ailments like hyperparathyroidism, hereditary ailments such as renal tubular acidosis, hereditary metabolic diseases like cystinuria and hyperoxaluria.
Certain food may also cause stone formation in the kidney.
Other causes are hyperuricosuria, gout, excess intake of vitamin D and blocked urinary tract.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Though most people with kidney stones don't have any symptoms.
Generally the first symptom is sudden severe pain that occurs when urine flow is blocked by stone and when the stone moves in the urinary tract causing irritation.
It is characterized by onset of sharp, cramping pain in the lower back and pelvic area or in the lower abdomen spreading to the groin with nausea, vomiting, Burning sensation, frequent urge of urination, cloudy urine with foul smell, Fever and chills.
Major types of kidney Stones
- Calcium stone: It is the most common type of kidney stones which contains calcium and other oxalate or phosphate. Many stones maybe combination of calcium oxalate and phosphate. High urine concentration of calcium is called hypercalciuria which can lead to stone formation. High levels of oxalate in the urine is called hyperoxaluria can result from genetic defects and from faulty diet.
- Struvite stone: It contains magnesium ammonium phosphate crystals that appears after urinary tract infection. It is a most troublesome kidney stone. It is difficult to remove and may require surgery.
- Uric acid stone: Increased level of urinary uric acid called as hyperuricosuria leads to formation of uric acid stone. At low pH uric acid precipitates and at normal pH it dissolves. The cause of high urinary uric acid can be high protein diet and gout.
- Cystine stone: Cystinuria or abnormal level of urinary cystine can build up in the urine to form a stone since it has poor solubility in urine. Genetically caused disease leads to recurrent stone formation.
- Crixivan stone: Indinavir, an antiretroviral medication used in HIV treatment easily precipitates and forms the crystals. These stones are difficult to detect.
- Ammonium Uric acid stone: It is seen in people with chronic intestinal disorder and frequent laxative users. It is a very rare type of kidney stones.
Diagnosis of Kidney Stones
Most often kidney stones can be detected by x-ray or sonogram or ultrasound. The diagnostic image provides accurate information about stone size and location. Some blood and urine test also helps in detecting abnormal substance which may cause stone formation.
Another process is to scan the urinary system using computed tomography or IVP i.e. intravenous pyelogram and CT urography.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Stones
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Revive Kidneys Pack for ayurvedic treatment of kidney stones. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 Teaspoonful twice daily with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi vati is also among one of the great herbal remedies for kidney stones. It is made according to classical Ayurvedic formulation, which is used since ancient times. It helps to break and dissolve the stones in the kidneys and throw them out of the body through urine. It also eases the pain associated with this problem. It is made using a special combination of herbs such as Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (Crateva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulous terresteris) and Shuddha Guggul (Commiphora mukul).
2. Mutrakrichantak Churna
Mutrakrichantak churna is an herbal powder blend that is an excellent herbal remedy for the patients with kidney stones. The powder is 100 percent pure and is packed with important herb such as Varun (Crateva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulous terresteris), Kaasni (Chicorium intybus), Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri), Shirish (Albezzia lebbok), Shigru (Moringa oleifera) and Apamarg (Achyranthes aspera). The combination will help to dissolve the kidney stones naturally, and in turn maintain healthy flow of urine and thereby, keep the functions of urinary system healthy too.
3 Rencure Formula
It is another natural supplement that is packed with the standardized extracts of herbs such as Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (Crateva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulous terresteris), Paalash (Butea monosperma) and Kaasni (Chicorium intybus). The combination of these herbs is the effective one to break the kidney stones. The product maintains the healthy urine flow and in turn helps to remove the toxins from the body, naturally. It helps kidneys to regain its healthy functioning.
4. Punarnava Mandur
Punarnava mandur from the house of Planet Ayurveda is made using only 100 percent pure herbs without addition of any chemical. It is the great herbal formulation for patients having kidney stones. It increases the urine output so that stones can be easily removed. The product is packed with diuretic herbs and hence helpful in controlling the symptoms. The herbs that are used while preparing these tablets are Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Chavya (Piper chaba), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Chitrak Mool (Plumbago zeylancia) and Mandoor Bhasma (Ferric oxide calx).
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack