Ayurvedic Treatment of Kidney Stones
About Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are one of the most common and most painful disorder of the urinary tract. The medical term to describe stone occurring in urinary tract is urolithiasis. It is also known as urinary tract stone disease and nephrolithiasis. Kidney stone is a hard crystal mass that builds up inside the kidney. Urine contains chemicals which forms the stones and also prevents the stones. When these chemicals doesn't balance each other the crystal formation occurs. As this clump keeps increasing, it forms a stone. Kidney stone can be tiny or very large as golf balls. Tiny stones can travel down through the urinary tract and pass out of the body with urine without being noticed. While large stone moves into ureter and causes extreme severe pain. Kidney stones are usually yellow or brown in colour.
Cause of Kidney Stones
The common cause of kidney stone is dehydration or imbalance of body fluids which makes the urine concentrated along with chronic urinary tract infections like cystic kidney diseases.
Some medications specially overdose of painkillers and certain metabolic ailments like hyperparathyroidism, hereditary ailments such as renal tubular acidosis, hereditary metabolic diseases like cystinuria and hyperoxaluria.
Certain food may also cause stone formation in the kidney.
Other causes are hyperuricosuria, gout, excess intake of vitamin D and blocked urinary tract.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Though most people with kidney stones don't have any symptoms.
Generally the first symptom is sudden severe pain that occurs when urine flow is blocked by stone and when the stone moves in the urinary tract causing irritation.
It is characterized by onset of sharp, cramping pain in the lower back and pelvic area or in the lower abdomen spreading to the groin with nausea, vomiting, Burning sensation, frequent urge of urination, cloudy urine with foul smell, Fever and chills.
Major types of kidney Stones
- Calcium stone: It is the most common type of kidney stones which contains calcium and other oxalate or phosphate. Many stones maybe combination of calcium oxalate and phosphate. High urine concentration of calcium is called hypercalciuria which can lead to stone formation. High levels of oxalate in the urine is called hyperoxaluria can result from genetic defects and from faulty diet.
- Struvite stone: It contains magnesium ammonium phosphate crystals that appears after urinary tract infection. It is a most troublesome kidney stone. It is difficult to remove and may require surgery.
- Uric acid stone: Increased level of urinary uric acid called as hyperuricosuria leads to formation of uric acid stone. At low pH uric acid precipitates and at normal pH it dissolves. The cause of high urinary uric acid can be high protein diet and gout.
- Cystine stone: Cystinuria or abnormal level of urinary cystine can build up in the urine to form a stone since it has poor solubility in urine. Genetically caused disease leads to recurrent stone formation.
- Crixivan stone: Indinavir, an antiretroviral medication used in HIV treatment easily precipitates and forms the crystals. These stones are difficult to detect.
- Ammonium Uric acid stone: It is seen in people with chronic intestinal disorder and frequent laxative users. It is a very rare type of kidney stones.
Diagnosis of Kidney Stones
Most often kidney stones can be detected by x-ray or sonogram or ultrasound. The diagnostic image provides accurate information about stone size and location. Some blood and urine test also helps in detecting abnormal substance which may cause stone formation.
Another process is to scan the urinary system using computed tomography or IVP i.e. intravenous pyelogram and CT urography.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Stones
Planet Ayurveda offers Stone Crusher Pack for the treatment of kidney stones. Herbal remedies in this pack holds a complementary approach in the management as well as prevention of kidney stones.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 tablets twice daily.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 1 capsule twice daily.
- Punarnava Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily.
- Tribulus Power - 1 capsule twice daily.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
1. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi Vati is a classical herbal formulation that helps in getting rid of renal stones and relieves the pain caused by these stones. This helps in dissolving the stones completely and also helps in passing the stones naturally through urine by interfering with the creation of oxalate-type kidney stones. It also helps in reducing the toxin load from the kidneys.
2. Phyllanthus Niruri
Planet Ayurveda's Phyllanthus niruri capsules are prepared from the standardized extract of the whole plant Bhumyamalaki. This herb is known as "Stone Breaker" in Ayurveda. This plant has been used for urinary calculi since ages. It reduces the risk of stones in individuals. Therefore, these capsules are very effective for the patients of kidney stones.
3. Punarnava Capsules
Punarnava Capsules by Planet Ayurveda are prepared from the standardized extract of the herb Boerhavia diffusa. This herb is an effective diuretic and helps in flushing out the kidney stones and also helps in reducing swelling. These capsules are also very effective in relieving pain associated with kidney stones.
4. Tribulus Power
Tribulus Power Capsules of Planet Ayurveda are prepared using the standardized extract of the herb Tribulus terrestris. Tribulus terrestris is an herb which is diuretic and antiurolithiatic in nature. These capsules are very effective in the treatment of kidney stones as they produce inhibitory effect toward calcium oxalate crystallization.
5. Mutrakrichantak Churna
Mutrakrichantak Churna by Planet Ayurveda is a unique herbal formulation which consists of dried herbs that are used in dissolving kidney stones naturally. All the herbs used in Mutrakrichantak Churna are anti-oxidant in nature and provide relief in all kidney related problems such as infections, kidney failure etc.
To buy Stone Crusher Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/stone-crusher-pack