Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Shota Rogadhikar 775/79-82
Ksheer vati is an Ayurvedic classical formulation. It is used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions.
- Shuddha Hingula (Red sulphide of Mercury) - 12 gm
- Lavang Churna (Powder of Syzygium aromaticum) - 6 gm
- Shuddha Afeem (Papaver somniferum) - 6 gm
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Purified Aconitum ferox) - 6 gm
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) - 6 gm
- Shuddha Dhaturabeej (Purified Dhatur metal) - 6 gm
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Hingula - This is a preparation of Mercury. This is used in the treatment of Inflammation, digestive problems, respiratory problems etc. This is used in ayurvedic preparation to increase the strength of other ingredients.
- Lavang Churna - This is an Ayurvedic medicine in powder form. It is used in the treatment of digestive problems such as diarrhea, bloating, abdominal pain etc. It is also helpful in subsiding inflammation in the body. It balances Vata and Kapha dosha.
- Shuddha Afeem - It has a digestive and appetizer action. This ingredient improves digestion power and provides strength to the body. This has an analgesic effect too, so used in mild to moderate pain.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - This is a poisonous herb and used in a variety of diseases after the purification process. This herb has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties. It is also used in fever, pain.
- Jaiphal - This is capable of digestive problems. It is also known as nutmeg. It is useful in clearing the throat, useful in relieving bloating, flatulence and abdominal pain. Jaiphal is also helpful in inflammation.
- Shuddha Dhaturbeej - This is a strong Narcotic plant. It is extensively used for alleviating pain, treating fever, in subsiding inflammation. It is also beneficial in respiratory disorders.
Method of Preparation
- First of all make a fine powder of all kashthaushadiyan.
- Then add all the ingredients in a kharal yantra and properly mixes it with the extracts of Bhang (Cannabis sativa) for 3 hours.
- Make 60 mg tablets and let them dry under the shadow.
- Keep this in glass container.
Ksheer vati is a classical Ayurvedic formulation. This is used in treating inflammation. The ingredients such as lavang, afeem and jaiphal are effective in treating digestive problems. This Ayurvedic formulation is also helpful in grahani (IBS and IBD), fever, indigestion etc problems. This improves digestion power of the person.
- Shotha roga (Inflammation)
- Grahani (IBS and IBD)
- Jeerna Jwara (Chronic fever)
- 1 tablet with milk in inflammatory conditions.
- 1 tablet with the extract of Vijaya (Cannabis sativa).
- Lavan (Salt) and Jala (Water) should be contraindicated during the course of this medicine.
- If a person feels thirst then give milk or coconut water instead of plain water.
- It should be strictly taken under the medical advice as it contains Afeem, datura and Vatsnabha.