Kushtha Kuthar Ras
Kushtha Kuthar Ras
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kushtharogadhikar 874/147-149
Kushtha Kuthar Ras is an Ayurvedic remedy and used in the treatment of galit Kushtha (Leprosy). It is a classical herbal formulation.
- Karanj Beej Churna (Powder of Millettia pinnata) - 190 gm
- Abhrak Bhasma (Mica Calx) -190 gm
- Ras-Sindoor (Mercury based formulation) - 50 gm
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 50 gm
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Calx) - 50 gm
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper calx) - 50 gm
- Shuddha Guggul (Purified Commiphora mukul) - 50 gm
- Amla Churna (powder of Emblica officinalis) - 50 gm
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia chebula) - 50 gm
- Bibhitaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia bellerica) - 50 gm
- Mahanimba Churna (Powder of melia azedarach) - 50 gm
- Chitrakmool Churna (Powder of Plumbago zeylanica) - 50 gm
- Shuddha Shilajit (Purified Asphaltum punjabinum) - 50 gm
Description of Main Ingredients
- Karanj Beej Churna - This powder is mainly used in skin disorders. It is also widely used in constipation as it improves gut mobility. The oil of karanj is also helpful in managing skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis etc.
- Abhrak Bhasma - This is a mineral compound used in a variety of diseases. This bhasma is used in treating dermatitis as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. This compound holds high significance in treating the common cold, cough and flu symptoms.
- Ras-Sindoor - This is mercury based formulation and highly used in the detoxification of the body. It is mainly used in enhancing the immunity, improving strength and also beneficial in pittaj disorders and hence helpful in kushtha roga (Skin diseases).
- Shuddha Gandhak - Purified form of Sulphur holds various health benefits. Its main action is to purify blood in Rasayan form. It eliminates toxins from the blood and makes it pure and helps in subsiding the symptoms of skin disorders. It also helps in improving digestive power.
- Loha Bhasma - This is prepared from the fine particles of the iron. It is widely used in anemic conditions. Along with that it is also used in skin ailments. This iron compound is also helpful in tuberculosis.
- Tamra Bhasma - Tamra Bhasma is used on liver, spleen, skin and intestinal ailments. It eases the digestion and stimulates appetite. It helps in maintaining the health of the skin and body.
- Shuddha Guggul - This is a purified form of Guggul. It is widely used in dyslipidemia. It is also helpful in detoxification of the body. It prevents clogging and hardening of the blood vessels. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity effects.
- Triphala Churna - This is combination of three most effective herbs i.e. Amalaki, Haritaki and Bibhitaki. These three have a variety of medicinal functions in our body. They are almost used in every disorder, as they pacify all three dosha in the body. They help in the detoxification of the body.
- Mahanimba Churna - This is the best herb in treating the skin ailments, as it contains Tikta (bitter) and kashay (astringent) taste. It pacifies Pitta and Kapha dosha. This ingredient also purifies blood. It is helpful in skin diseases, vertigo, nausea, blood disorders, hemorrhoids etc.
- Chitrakmool Churna - This is the powerful digestive and carminative herb of Ayurveda. It is mainly used in Ayurvedic medicines for digestive problems. It pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It is also helpful in treating worm infestation, cough, cold, skin diseases etc.
- Shuddha Shilajit - This mineral compound contains numerous health benefits. It is mainly used in enhancing stamina in the body. It can function as an antioxidant to improve the body's immune system. It is also helpful in fighting against skin ailments.
Method For The Preparation
- First of all properly mixes this Ras-Sindoor
- Then add Gandhak and again mixes it properly
- Then add other Bhasma and powders in this formulation and mixes it with Ghee and honey (take ghee and honey in different quantity)
- Kept this mixture in a glass container
Kushtha Kuthar Ras is an Ayurvedic classical formulation. It is a Ras Aushadhi. It nourishes the whole body and has rejuvenating and antimicrobial property. This combination of Purified Mercury in Ayurvedic formulations enhances the therapeutic efficacy of the other medicines because of its Yogvahi property of Parada (Mercury). This Ayurvedic formulation is best for the treatment of galit Kushtha (Leprosy).
- Galit kushtha (Leprosy)
1-2 gm with water or decoction of Khadir (Acacia catechu).
Do not use it without any medical advice.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile