Leafy Vegetable Soup Recipe
It seems easy to say that patients should take a light and non spicy diet. But it's not that much easy when you already lost your appetite due to illness. Leafy vegetable soup is the best alternative for those patients who want to change their mouth taste. Leafy vegetables soup are the richest source of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A and also have antioxidant properties. These vegetables are beneficial to boost up the immune system and to fight against the diseases. It has been found that green leafy vegetables contain chlorophyll which is quite effective to reduce the chances of cancer. They are also beneficial in the problems of asthma, reduce blood pressure, healthy skin, bone health and improve the digestion.
INGREDIENTS OF LEAFY VEGETABLE SOUP
- 5 cups – Water
- 1 teaspoon – Olive oil
- 3 bowls – Chopped spinach (Palak)
- 1 bowl – Fenugreek (methi leaves)
- ½ bowl – Broccoli
- Coriander leaves
- ¼ to half tablespoon - corn flour
- Tulsi leaves (Optional)
- Chopped onion
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped ginger
- Black pepper
- Salt according to taste
- Wash all the leafy vegetables 3-4 times in water.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Pour water in a deep pan and add the vegetables.
- Cook all vegetables on a reduced flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil or cow ghee in another pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onion in another pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add boiled vegetables and corn flour in pan which contains the mixtures of garlic and onion.
- Cook all the ingredients at reduced flame for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Add black pepper to enhance taste.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Delicious vegetable hot soup is ready to serve.
- Don't throw the extra water which is left after cooking the leafy vegetables. Instead, use that drained water in the recipe.
- Hot servings of soup are good in the case of congestion.
Leafy vegetables like spinach are rich in oxalate. Hence, not good for people who have kidney stone problems.