Reference: Yogaratnakara, Amlapitta Chikitsa (For Hyperacidity)
Leela Vilas Ras is classical preparation that can balance Pitta. This Ayurvedic medicine is available in the form of tablet. It is very useful in the treatment of gastritis. This medicine comprises of heavy metal ingredients there must be consumed only under strict medical directions.
10 g of each of:-
- Shuddha Parad (Purified and processed Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified and processed Sulphur)
- Tamra Bhasma (Bhasma (calx) of Copper)
- Abhraka Bhasma (Bhasma (calx) of Mica)
- Vamshalochana (Bambusa bambos)
- Baheda (Belliric myrobalan) (Terminalia bellerica)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis / Phyllanthus Emblica)
- Haritaki (Chebulic myrobalan) (fruit rind) (Terminalia chebula) - 20 g
- Water - 8 parts, boiled and reduced to one fourth.
- Juice extract of Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba) - for grinding.
Method of Preparation
Juice extract of Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba) is used for grinding the ingredients and pills are made.
Leela Vilas Ras is an effective Ayurvedic medicine to maintain the pitta in body which helps to live long, healthy and balanced lives.
This is very useful Ayurvedic remedy to deal with various digestive problems. It provides great relief from hyperacidity and related ailments, as well as improves digestion. It also provides relief from heartburn. It has ability to manage the gastritis, reduces the inflammation in the stomach. It is also good to use in gastro enteritis conditions - where it helps to curb the discomfort of nausea, vomiting and reduces fever. It is even useful to enhance the appetite. It is very beneficial to use in Peptic ulcer, where it helps to diminish the quantity of digestive fluids produced in the stomach and neutralize the digestive acids, thus helps to reduce the ulcers. It provides relief from hiccups also. It is even beneficial to deal with Dysuria, provides relief from painful urination, and reduces the discomfort. Also a good Liver tonic.
A very good Ayurvedic treatment of gastro enteritis, gastritis, heart burn.
Consume 250 mg 1-2 times a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor. It is recommended along with honey.
It is usually administered for a period of one month.
- Practicing Self-medication with this medicine might be unsafe, as it consists of heavy metal ingredient.
- Have this medicine in exact dose and that too for limited period of time, as directed by doctor.
- Its over-dose may cause severe toxic effect.
- Better to avoid in pregnant and lactating mothers as well as in children.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children. Store in a dry cool place.