Reference: Rasendra Sara Sangraha Pliha Chikitsa -2- 5.
Loknath Ras is classical preparation that has properties to keep the Vata, Pitta doshas balanced. This Ayurvedic medicine is available in the form of tablet or powder form. It consists of heavy metal ingredients, therefore must be consumed only under strict medical directions. A very good ayurvedic remedy to cure splenomegaly, liver diseases, etc.
- Shuddha Parada (Herbal purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Herbal purified Sulphur)
- Abhraka Bhasma (Purified and processed Mica)
- Loha Bhasma (Bhasma prepared from Iron)
- Tamra Bhasma (Bhasma prepared from Copper)
- Varatika Bhasma (Bhasma (Calx) of Cowries)
- Juice extract of Nagavalli (Betel leaves) (Piper betel)
Method of Preparation
Take about 10 g fine powder of Shuddha Parada, Shuddha Gandhaka, Abhraka Bhasma, Loha Bhasma, Tamra Bhasma and Varatika Bhasma. Then triturate fine powder of these ingredients with liquid for three days and prepare disc shaped cakes and heat them in a closed container at around 800 - 900 degree Celsius for 4 - 5 hours and finally we get powder product which can be used. Store in a dry cool place.
Consume 125 - 250 mg of its dose once in the morning, before or after meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor. It can be administered along with Long pepper, honey, jaggery, Haritaki (Chebulic myrobalan), cow urine, Cumin seeds etc.
It can be consumed for 1-2 months based on doctor's instruction.
- Efficient Ayurvedic treatment of splenomegaly,
- Good useful effects in liver diseases, jaundice,
- Also shows good results in case of edema and inflammatory conditions.
- As it comprises Mercury as ingredient, therefore its self-medication could be unsafe.
- Have this medicine in exact dose and for limited period of time, as suggested by doctor.
- It's over dose might be harmful.
- Better to avoid in pregnant and lactating women and as well as in children.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.