Reference: Siddha Yoga Sangraha Atisara – Pravahika, Grahani Rogaratnakara, 35, AFI, Vol. 1, Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Loha Parpati is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in powder form. It is used in treatment of anemia, diarrhea, etc. But this medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision. It balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 10 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 20 g
- Teekshna Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 10 g
Method of Preparation
First kajjali is prepared. Kajjali is the combination of detoxified Mercury (Parada) and Sulphur (Gandhaka). Then Loha Bhasma is added and mixed well. This mixture is taken in Ghee smeared iron Ladle, melted and poured on a Banana leaf kept over cow dung cake and pressed with another banana leaf and a plate. After self-cooling, it is collected in a bottle.
Take 125 mg – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey and sugar.
- Digestive impairment
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Puerperal fever
- Colicky pain of abdomen
- Skin diseases
- Early senility
- Chronic poisoning
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- This medicine should be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Over-dosage may cause many poisonous side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.