Maha Bhringraj Thailam (Oil) - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Kshudra Roga Chikitsa
Maha Bhringraj Thailam (Oil) is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of herbs. This formulation is known to treat ailments related to head, hair, neck, ear and eyes.
- Ksheera – Cow Milk
- Bhirngaraja – Eclipta alba (4944 grams)
- Taila – sesame oil (1536 grams)
All following ingredients up to 48 grams:-
- Gairika – Red ochre
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Daru Haridra – Berberis aristata
- Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Nagakeshara – Mesua feera
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Padmaka – Prunus puddum
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Prapaundarika – Nelumbo nucifera
- Gopi – Hemidesmus indicus
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Priyangu – Callicarpa macrophylla
- Yashtimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra
Method of Preparation
- First take the Bhirngaraja and taila in a container.
- Take all other herbal ingredients and grindin milk to form kalka.
- Now mix kalka with bhringaraja and taila.
- Cook this to bring out the taila, after once taila seen, just strain the formulation and pour in a container.
- This is used as hair oil for massage.
- Can pour oil drops into nostrils.
- Hail fall
- Ear ache
- Premature baldness
- Spilt end hair problem
- Eyes and ear problems
No contraindications, safe to use.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.