Reference: Basavarajeeyam, Jwara Prakarana
Maha Jwarankusha Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of fever. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision. It balances Vata and Pitta.
Ingredients and method of preparation
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada - Herbal purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka - Herbal purified Sulphur
- Tamra Bhasma - Bhasma prepared from Copper
- Shuddha Hingula - Purified and processed Cinnabar (Mercury compound)
- Shuddha Haratala - Purified and processed Orpiment (Arsenic tri sulphide)
- Loha Bhasma - Bhasma prepared from Iron
- Vanga Bhasma - Tin Calx
- Makshika Bhasma - Bhasma of Copper-Iron Pyrite
- Kharpara Bhasma - Bhasma (Calx) of Zinc Sulphide
- Manashila - Purified and processed Realgar (Arsenic di sulphide)
- Abhraka Bhasma - Purified and processed Mica
- Gairika - Purified and processed Red Ochre
- Tankana Bhasma - Borax
- Shuddha Jayapala - Croton tiglium
Juice extract, quantity sufficient of each of following for grinding for 3 days each:-
- Nimbu - lemon juice
- Tulasi - Holy Basil - Ocimum sanctum
- Chitraka - Lead Wort (root) - Plumbago zeylanica
- VIjaya - Bhanga - Cannabis sativa
- Chincha - Tamarind - Tamarindus indica - leaves
Maha Jwarankusha Rasa is an efficient Ayurvedic formulation which has ability to maintain the Vata and Pitta balance in the body, possessing anti-pyretic, antimicrobial activity which helps to bring healing effect in various health related conditions.
This Ayurvedic medicine is much effective in managing every kind of fever, chronic fever, intermittent fever etc., it is good to improve immunity of the body, lowers and maintain the normal body temperature, hence helps to regain strength in the body, relieving fatigue and weakness in the body.
It is also very beneficial to deal with problems related to digestion. It is helpful in improving the digestive power, provides relief from vomiting and nausea. It is even suitable to reduce flatulence, eliminates the gas trouble.
- Chronic fever
- Intermittent fever
- Improves digestion power
Take 125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is advised along with honey, warm water.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous as it contains heavy metal ingredients.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- This medicine should be avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.