Reference - Ashtanga Hrudayam Uttarasthana
Maha kalyanaka ghrita is an ayurvedic formulation. This is a polyherbal formulation in which ghee is used as a base. This is very good to treat problems related with psyche and brain. It is very useful during pregnancy also.
- Ghee – 768 g
- Milk from cow (cow that calved for the first time) – 3.072 liters
- Phalini – Callicarpa macrophylla
- Vishala – Citrulus cholocynthis
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Haridra – Turmeric
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Bhadra ela – Amomum subulatum
- Vella – Embelia ribes
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Padmaka – Prunus poddum
- Hima – Santalum album
- Malati – Jasminum sambac
- Elavaluka – Prunus avium
- Nata – Valeriana wallichi
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Ela – Cardamom
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Dadimaphalatwak – Punica granatum
- Talisapatra – Abbies webbiana
- Utpala – Nymphea stellata
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Triphala – Known to contain following herbs up to 12 grams – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (mblica officinalis)
Method of Preparation
- Take the above ingredients and combine in a container.
- Heat these till herbal ghee is prepared.
Quarter to half teaspoon, one to two times a day, before bed time, with water.
- Weakness or lack of memory
- Take precautions if suffer from the problem of high BP, high cholesterol and heart problems.
- Diarrhea and indigestion can be caused due to over dose.