Maha Triphala Ghrita
Reference - Bhaishajyaratnavali Kushta Adhikara
Maha triphaladya ghrita is a polyherbal ayurvedic formulation. In this formulation ghee is used as a base. This formulation known to contain properties such as cardioprotective, anti-diabetic, anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial rejuvenating, adaptogenic, anti-oxidant and neuroprotective activities. This is very helpful to treat problems related with eyes.
768 ml of each of
- Ghrita - Ghee
- Water decoction of Triphala (Known to contain following three herbs - Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Bibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Bhringaraja swarasa – Juice extract of Eclipta alba
- Vrisha rasa – Juice extract of Adhatoda vasica
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
- Ajakshira – Goat milk
- Guduchi rasa – Juice extract of Tinospora cordifolia
- Amalaki Rasa – Juice extract of Emblica officinalis
8.72 g of each of
- Kana – Long pepper
- Sita – Sugar
- Draksha – Raisins
- Triphala (Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Bibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis)
- Utpala – Nymphea stellata
- Madhuka – Licorice
- Kshirakakoli – Roscoea purpurea
- Madhuparni – Tinospora cordifolia
- Nidigdika – Solanum xanthocarpum
Method of Preparation
- Take above ingredients and combine in a container.
- The combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
Quarter to half teaspoon, one to two times a day, with water during bed time.
- Dry eye
- Weak vision
- Eye pain
Take precautions if suffering from diabetes, high BP and heart diseases.