Mahadhanwantharam Gulika (Vati) - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Mahadhanwantharam Gulika (Vati) is also known as Garbharakshini because it protects and shelters pregnancy and also it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Celery (Achyranthes aspera)
- Eggplant/aubergine (Solanum melongena)
- Indian Echinacea – (Andrographis paniculata)
- Cubeb/tailed pepper – (Piper cubeba)
- Bhoonimba – (Andrographis paniculata)
- Rudra's tear drops – (Elaeocarpus ganitrus)
- Himalayan cedar – (Cedrus deodara)
- Shiral (Grewia nervosa)
- Kapoor (Cinnamomum camphor)
- Mango ginger (Curcuma amada)
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
Method of Preparation
Clean all the herbs and grind all herbs to a fine powder except cumin. Sift these powdered herbs through a muslin cloth and add aqueous extract of cumin in it. After it forms the consistency of a paste make 75 mg pills from this paste and let it sit in the dryer till there is no moisture left and the pills harden completely.
Mahadhanwantharam Gulika is an efficient Ayurvedic formulation that is very useful in to provide protection and care during Pregnancy. It is a safe herbal remedy for pregnant women. It is very effective in managing pregnancy troubles, stabilizes the fetus and promotes easy delivery.
It is also beneficial to use in digestive problems, helps in emptying of stomach, provides relief from bloating, and controls the condition of gastritis. Because of its anti-inflammatory property, it reduces the inflammation, lending relief from pain and other discomfort. It is even helpful to relieve the gas trouble. It is suitable to provide relief from Headache occurring due to constant stomach problems.
It is suitable to eliminate the feeling of nausea and is able to maintain strength of the body. Its anti-inflammatory property makes it a beneficial medicine that can reduce inflammation in joints and relieves arthritis pain, this way supports in joint movements.
This is also a tremendous Ayurvedic remedy for different nerve disorders.
- Shelters pregnancy
- Other stomach disorders
- Nerve ailments
Pregnant women can take 1 tablet in the morning after breakfast with cumin water.
People suffering from arthritis should take 2 tablets twice or thrice a day with normal water after meal or as prescribed by the doctor.
- There are no reported side effects of this medicine.
- Self-medication should be strictly avoided in pregnant women.