Vachadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sarngadhara Samhita Madhyama Khanda 9/198
Vachadi Thailam (Oil) is an Ayurvedic herbal oil, used in the treatment of lymph node enlargement. It is used for external application and also for oral intake.
- Vacha – Sweet flag (rhizome) – Acorus calamus – 38 g
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan (fruit rind) – Terminalia chebula – 38 g
- Laksha – Laccifer lacca – 38 g
- Katurohini – Picrorhiza kurroa – 38 g
- Chandana – Red Sandalwood – Pterocarpus santalinus – 38 g
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 liters
- Water – 3.072 liters
Method of Preparation
All the ingredients are added to til oil and oil is prepared by oil paak method.
How to Use?
- It is used for external application only.
- For oral intake – Take a dose of 3 – 6 ml once or twice a day, before food, with warm water, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It helps to decrease size of inflamed lymph nodes, Lymphadenopathy, scrofula.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine, on external application.
- This medicine should be avoided in the pregnant ladies and children.
- For oral administration this medicine should only be taken under medical supervision.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.