Mahatiktaka Ghrita - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Kushta Adhikara 118 – 124.
Mahatiktaka Ghrita is an Ayurvedic poly-herbal medicated ghee that can calms Vata and Pitta in the body. This Ayurvedic medicine has ghee as its base. It is useful medicine for preparatory procedure in Panchakarma and also helpful medicine in the treatment of skin diseases.
6 gram of each of:-
- Saptaparna (Alstonia scholaris)
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Shampaka (Cassia fistula)
- Tiktarohini (Picrorhiza kurroa)
- Patha (Cyclea peltata/Cissampelos pariera)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Triphala [Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis)]
- Patola (Trichosanthes dioica)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Parpataka (Fumaria indica)
- Dhanvayasa (Alhagi pseudalhagi)
- Chandana (Santalum album)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Gajapippali (Piper chaba)
- Padmaka (Prunus poddum)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)
- Ugragandha (Acorus calamus)
- Vishaka (Citrulus cholocynthis)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Sariva (Hemidsemus indicus)
- Vatsakabija (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Murva (Marsdenia tinescsima)
- Amruta (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Kiratatikta (Swertia chiraita)
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Trayamana (Gentiana kurroa)
- Water - 6.144 liter
- Amalaki phala (Emblica officinalis) Rasa - juice extract of - 1.536 liters
- Ghrita (Ghee) - 768 ml
Method of Preparation
Heat all the above given combinations till the herbal ghee is obtained.
Mahatiktaka Ghrita is very useful Ayurvedic remedy for skin diseases such as syphilis, eczema, leprosy, erysipelas and chronic ulcer etc. It provides relief from rashes, inflammation, pain, boils and any kind of pus discharge along with other symptoms. This ghrita gives soothing effect by healing blisters. Also a very good natural remedy for leucoderma and herpes.
It is also effective in managing bleeding disorders. Mahatiktaka Ghrita controls bleeding in piles and colon ulcers. Manages menorrhagia or metrorrhagia. Also a suitable therapy for anemic patients. It relaxes an individual by controlling the gastritis problem and relieves the discomfort of hyperacidity. This ghrita is natural remedy for jaundice and maintains the body temperature. Due to its detoxifying properties mahatiktaka ghrita helps to flush out toxins from body and therefore helpful in raised uric acid also. It has capacity to manage the diseases caused due to excessive heat or pitta dosha. Good for heart diseases as well as other chronic diseases. It is another beneficial herbal remedy for brain disorders like stress, migraine and even schizophrenia.
This is a useful medicine and also preparatory procedure called snehakarma.
- To treat skin diseases like leprosy, leucoderma.
- Bleeding disorders, bleeding piles, menorrhagia and anemia etc are treated with mahatiktaka ghrita.
- Other problems like herpes, gastritis, gout, blisters, schizophrenia, jaundice, fever and heart diseases etc are managed with this ghrita.
- Also a highly effective Ayurvedic medicine in chronic diseases.
- Medicine - 1/4th to 1/2th teaspoonful with water, usually before having meal 1-2 times twice daily, or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Panchakarma preparation - Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of Ayurvedic doctor.
- Till now no known side effects with this medicine have been reported.
- It is advised to avoid its self-medication and consume it under strict medical directions.
- People suffering from conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP must be very cautious.
- Its high dose, might leads to diarrhea and indigestion.