Manasamitra Vatakam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Sahasrayogam Gutika Prakarana 68.
Manasamitra Vatika is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from very effective herbs. This herbal formulation is very efficient to treat the mental illness and disorders.
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Nagbala (Grewia hirsuta)
- Bilwa (Aegle marmelos)
- Prisniparni (Uraria picta)
- Sankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis)
- Kukundara (Blumea lacera)
- Pushkarmoola (Inula racemosa)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Shweta chandan (Santalum album)
- Rakta chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus)
- Mouktika (Mukta pishti)
- Loha bhasma
- Madhuka twak (Madhuca indica)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Elavaluka (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Indrayana vishesha (Citrullus colocynthis)
- Ratanjyoti (Alkanna tinctoria)
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Mustha (Cyprus rotundus)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Rajata (Rajat bhasma)
- Shilajatu (Asphaltum)
- Gojihwa (Onosma bracteatum)
- Padmakesara (Nelumbo nucifera)
- Jivaka (Malaxis acuminata)
- Rishabhaka (Microstylis muscifera)
- Kakoli (Roscoea procera)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus)
- Bhunimba (Andrographis paniculata)
- Aragwadha (Cassia fistula)
- Parushaka (Grewia asiatica)
- Phalatraya (Gentiana kurroo juice)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Gopika Dwandwa (2 types of sariba) (Hemidesmus indicus), (Cryptolepis buchanani)
- Jivanthi (Leptadenia reticulata)
- Somavalli (Ephedra gerardiana)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Usira (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Draksha (Vitis vinifera)
- Yashtyahwa (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Riddhi (Habenaria edgeworthii)
- Vriddhi (Habenaria intermedia)
- Durva (Cynodon dactylon)
- Hamsapadi (Adiantum philippense)
- Katphala (Myrica esculenta)
- Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Tulasi dala (Ocimum sanctum)
- Kasturi (Deer musk)
- Keasara (Crocus sativus)
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients up to 10 grams.
- Powder all the ingredients individually and mix all together later.
- Triturate this powder mixture with the liquids (the juice and water decoction) and make its paste.
- Make the pills from this paste.
Manasamitra Vatakam is an effective Ayurvedic formulation that helps to keep the Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha balanced, potent in Neuro Protective, Anti-Stress, Anxiolytic, Anti-Depressant Anti-Inflammatory and Antioxidant etc properties.
It is very useful Ayurvedic medicine for psychiatric conditions, improves blood circulation and oxygen supply to brain cells thereby helps to expand intelligence, improve brain functions, enhance memory and concentration as well as boost retention power. It is helpful in depression too, promotes calmness and feeling of peace in the mind. This herbal preparation is even useful to decreases anxiety and prevent repeated occurrences of anxiety disorders. It lessens the feeling of restlessness, tiredness, and nervousness. Manasamitra Vatika is beneficial in epilepsy, seizures and mania, reducing their frequency of occurrence. It is beneficial in insomnia too, helps to induce sleep, calms the mind, improves the quality of sleep and lessens the sleep disturbances.
It is even useful in Alzheimer's disease and Schizophrenia. This Vatika is suitable in improving speech problems. It is even useful in children for diseases like autism and also helpful in poisonous condition.
- Mental illness
- To enhance memory
- GAD (generalized anxiety disorder)
- Stress buster
- Improves concentration
- Pre-menstrual tension
- Alzheimer's disease
Two tablets two times a day, before or after meals.
- Always take under supervision of medical practitioner.
- Over dose can cause burning sensations.