Reference - Ashtanga Hridaya Chikitsa Sthana 19.
Manibhadra Guda is a well-known ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of herbs. This formulation is present in the form of jam. This formulation is prepared in the jaggery base. Jaggery is known as guda in Sanskrit.
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 48 g
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes – 48 g
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum – 144 g
- Amla – Emblica officinalis – 48 g
- Jaggery – 576 g
This Ayurvedic medicine is used to manage problems like skin diseases, spleen disorders, boils, scabies, bronchitis, cough, asthma etc. Antimicrobial properties of this medicine help to fight against the various bacterial, viral and fungal infections. It is used to manage the various skin infections like psoriasis, ring worm, eczema and scabies. This medicine helps in the natural healing of wounds. It helps to provide the relief in itching, redness, dryness, rashes, sores etc. It helps to resolve the problems like asthma, cough, and bronchitis with other respiratory health issues. It helps to clear the phlegm and mucous from air ways and clean them naturally. Hence it is an effective medicine to ease the symptoms like narrowing of air ways, bronchial congestion, shortening of breath etc. In piles, this medicine helps to manage the problems like itching, pain and soreness around anal area. On the other hand, to regulate the bowel movements and eliminate the intestinal worms, use of this medicine is really effective.
- Intestinal worms
- Abdominal lumps
- Spleen diseases
- 5 to 10 grams, one to two times a day.
- For children below 5 years – 1 to 2 grams
- Children from 5 to 12 years of age – up to 5 grams
- Purgation due to over dose.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation
- Take under doctor’s prescription especially if suffered from diabetes.