Reference: Sushruta Samhita Sutra Sthana 40/41
Moolaka kshara is an ayurvedic alkaline formulation. This formulation is prepared from radish. This is present in powder form. Radish is known to contain various active chemicals that is very helpful to treat the problems related to respiratory system. Except this, it is useful in other ailments also.
Method of Preparation
- Take the radish, clean these and dry well in the sunlight.
- Take these radish in the big iron pan.
- Now start the fire and burnt the radish in open air.
- Once burning was done, cool it down, and collect the ash.
- Mix this ash with water which is four times of its quantity. Mix well and filter the solution with cloth.
- Collect that filtrate into an iron vessel.
- Keep this for whole night and take its transparent supernatant in the morning. Filtrate this supernatant with a cloth.
- Repeat this filtrating process four times.
- After then heat the water over low fire, till all the content gets evaporated.
- After all the process, a white colour mulaka kshara is produced.
- Collect this mulaka kshara in an air tight glass.
Take up to 1 gram in divided doses, along with rock salt and trikuta churna, after food or take dose as prescribed by doctor.
- Urinary calculi
- Liver problems
- Chronic fevers
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Abscess (internal)
- Should be taken under medical supervision strictly.
- Avoided in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take advice if you are taking the treatment for low sperm count.