MRITASANJEEVANI - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Mritasanjeevani is a very special Ayurvedic formulation. It is basically an asavm preparation. This herbal remedy is very useful in increasing strength. Mritasanjeevani is very effective to treat digestive system related problems. This formulation boosts the immunity and strengthen body to fight against diseases.
- JAGGERY (1 year old) – 13 kg
- BABOOL BARK (Aciacia arabica) – 1 kg
- POMEGRANATE FRUIT BARK (Punica granatum) – 500 gm
- VASAKA (Adhatoda vasica) – 500 gm
- MOCHARASA (Bombax ceiba) - 500 gm
- LAJJALU (Mimosa pudica) – 500gm
- ATIVISHA (Aconitum heterophyllum) – 500 gm
- ASHWAGANDHA (Withania somnifera) - 500gm
- DEVDARU (Cedrus deodara) – 500gm
- BILVA BARK (Aegle marmelos) – 500 gm
- SHYONAK (Oroxylaum indicum) – 500gm
- PATLA (Stereospermum suaveolens) – 500 gm
- SHALPARNI (Desmodium gengeticum) - 500 gm
- PRISHANPARNI (Uraria picta) - 500 gm
- BRIHATI (Solanum indicum) - 500 gm
- KANTAKARI (Solanum xanthocarpum) - 500 gm
- GOKSHURA (Tribulus terrestris) - 500 gm
- BADRI TWAK (Ziziphus jujuba) – 500 gm
- INDRAVARUNI (Citrullus colocynthis) - 500 gm
- CHITARAKMOOLA (Plumbago zeylanica) – 500gm
- KAPIKACCHU (Mucuna pruriens)- 500gm
- PUNARANAVA (Boerhavia diffusa) - 500 gm
- SUPARI PAK (Betel nut) – 1.500 gm
- DHATURA (Datura metel) – 100 gm
- CLOVE (Syzygium aromaticum) – 100gm
- PADMAKA (Prunus cerasoides) – 100gm
- USHEERA (Vetiveria zizanioides) – 100gm
- RAKTA CHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) – 100gm
- SAUNF (Foeniculum vulgare) – 100gm
- YAVANI (Trachyspermum ammi) - 100gm
- MARICHA (Piper nigrum) - 100gm
- SYAH JEERA (Cuminum cyminum) – 100gm
- SHATI (Hedychium spicatum) - 100gm
- JATAMANSI (Nardostachys jatamansi) – 100gm
- DALCHEENI (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – 100gm
- ELAYCHI (Elettaria cardamomum) – 100gm
- JAIPHALA (Myristica fragrans) –100gm
- NAGARMOTHA (Cyperus rotundus) - 100gm
- GRANTHIPARNI (Leonotis nepetifolia) – 100gm
- SHUNTHI (Zingiber officinale) – 100gm
- FENUGREEK (Trigonella foenum graecum) – 100gm
- MEHARSHRINGI (Gymnema sylvestre) - 100gm
- SHWETA CHANDAN (Santalum album) – 100gm
- WATER - 84 LITRES
REFERENCE – BHAISHJYARATANAVALI // JWARADHIKAR// 1243 TO 1254
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- GUDA (One year old jaggery) – Jaggery contains antioxidant properties and it is the main ingredient of mritasanjeevani sura. It has multiple health effects and is prepared with sugar cane juice. It is good alternative of sugar as well. It is good for heart and acts as heart tonic. It improves immunity and provides strength to body.
- BABOOL BARK (Aciacia arabica) - This herb is known to be useful in diarrhoea. The leaves and bark of this herb are very beneficial in treating any kind of wound. This herb is used in skin problems such as dryness of skin.
- DADIMA TWAK - Pomegranate is rich source of vitamin c, dietary fibres and potassium. The bark of pomegranate is useful to improve digestion and to treat anorexia.
- VASAKA (Adhatoda vasica) - Vasa is a powerful herb used in treatment of respiratory ailments. Due to its cool potency it is beneficial in burning sensation, fever, skin diseases and bleeding disorders.
- MOCHARASA (Bombax ceiba) - This herb has cool potency and very effective in inflammatory disorders.
- LAJJALU (Mimosa pudica) – The roots of this herb are used to treat renal stones and urinary tract disorders. The leaves of this plant are used to treat fresh wounds to stop bleeding and to treat skin ailments.
- ATIVISHA (Aconitum heterophyllum) - This herb is carminative in nature that decreases the flatulence and treat gastric problems. It acts as an antidote in poisoning cases. It improves digestive strength and helps to remove toxins from body.
- ASHWAGANDHA (Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha has mild sedative and calming effect on brain. This herb is analgesic hence used in arthritis to relieve pain. It provides strength to the nervous system.
- DEVDARU (Cedrus deodara) – This medicinal plant is helpful in treating cough, asthma, constipation and intestinal worm infestations.
- BILVA (Aegle marmelos) – Bilva is a very effective herb for digestive system. It aids constipation thus used in irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis. This herb is also used to overcome diseases of urinary tract system.
- SHYONAK (Oroxylum indicum) – This herb is included in dashmoola herbs useful in cough, fever, digestive problems and urinary tract ailments.
- PATLA (Stereospermum suaveolens) It is neuroprotective and hepato protective. This herbal plant improves digestion, treat asthma and inflammation.
- SHALPARNI (Desmodium gengeticum) – This herb is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and astringent in nature. It is considered as nervine tonic thus helps in anxiety, stress and depression. Shalparni also supports good health of the digestive system.
- PRISHANPARNI (Uraria picta) – It is also one of herb among dashmoola and contains anti-inflammatory properties. This herb is quite useful in treatment of gonorrhoea and urinary tract disorders.
- BRIHATI (Solanum indicum) – Brihati is a potent anti-inflammatory herb which is widely used in respiratory system disorders.
- KANTAKARI (Solanum xanthocarpum) – This is a very useful Ayurvedic herb widely used in the treatment of respiratory disorders.
- GOKSHURA (Tribulus terrestris) – It has diuretic effect, due to which provide relief in urinary tract diseases. It is lithotryptic in nature helps in removal of renal stones.
- BADRI TWAK (Ziziphus jujuba ) – Ber fruit is a vitamin c rich fruit, used in treating bleeding disorders, dyspepsia, fever and burning sensation.
- INDRAVARUNI (Citrullus colocynthis) – This herb is used for diabetes and high cholesterol. Indravaruni is used in combination with other herbs to treat liver and gall baldder ailments.
- CHITARAKMOOLA (Plumbago zeylanica) – Chitrak is one of the powerful digestive and carminative herb.
- KAPIKACCHU (Mucuna pruriens) - It controls central nervous system, enhances mood, increases testosterone and dopamine level, lower stress, treats Parkinson disease, effective in reproductive problems and treats inflammation.
- PUNARANAVA (Boerhavia diffusa) – Punarnava is diuretic in nature, helps in treating painful and burning micturation. This herb is extremely good for liver as it stimulates secretion of bile on regular basis. It is good for stomach disorders as it strengthens stomach muscles and provides better digestion.
- BETEL NUT(Areca catechu) – Betel nut is used to treat mouth ulcers and bleeding gums. The powder is used to treat wound and bleeding disorders. Betel nut powder is also used to treat anorexia and nausea.
- DHATURA (Datura metel) – According to Ayurveda dhatura treats indigestion caused by heavy meals. Dhatura leaves has anti-inflammatory properties thus helps to treat arthritis.
- CLOVE (Syzygium aromaticum) - Clove is used for upset stomach and acts as an expectorant. Clove oil is used for the treatment of diarrhoea, hernia and bad breath.
- PADMAKA (Prunus cerasoides) – Padamka is an Ayurvedic herb which is used to treat skin diseases. It acts as uterine tonic due to its cool potency. The dried powder of seeds is used to treat renal stones.
- USHEERA ( Vetiveria zizanioides) - Usheer is coolant in nature yet aids in digestion. It is widely used in dysuria, burning sensation, fatigue syndrome.
- RED SANDALWOOD (Pterocarpus marsupium) – This herb is used in the treatment of eye disorders and bleeding disorders.
- SAUNF (Foeniculum vulgare) – Seeds of this herb are used in treating digestive system disorders. Fennel seeds also reduce symptoms of asthma.
- YAVANI (Trachyspermum ammi) – Seeds of yavani are beneficial to improve digestion and to increase appetite.
- BLACK PEPPER (Piper nigrum) – Black pepper is a well known Indian spice usually it is used on daily basis. It is loaded with multiple health effects. Due to its anti inflammatory action it is used to treat various digestive and respiratory ailments.
- WHITE CARAWAY SEED - These seeds aids digestion and add flavour to this sura.
- SHATI (Hedychium spicatum) – This herb contain anti-inflammatory properties thus used in treating digestive and respiratory disorders.
- JATAMANSI (Nardostachys jatamansi) – The rhizomes of this plant are used in Ayurveda which acts as stimulant and nervine tonic.
- DALCHEENI (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – The bark of this plant acts as expectorant hence useful in treatment of respiratory disorders. It is also used to treat indigestion and anorexia.
- ELAYCHI (Elettaria cardamomum) - Elayachi mainly used as mouth freshener and improves digestion.
- NUT MEG (Myristica fragrans) – Nut meg is used to treat diarrhoea, stomach pain and bloating.
- NAGARMOTHA (Cyperus rotundus) – This herb is used in Ayurvedic formulations and is recommended to treat fever and digestive disorders.
- GRANTHIPARNI (Leonotis nepetifolia) – Granthiparni is a mild laxative and it cures constipation. It is also used to treat various skin diseases and burning sensation.
- GINGER (Zingiber officinale) - Ginger is highly beneficial in treating stomach diseases.
- FENUGREEK (Trigonella foenum graecum) – The seeds of this herb are used to maintain blood glucose level in the body. This herb also contain analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- MEHARSHRINGI (Gymnema sylvestre) – This herb is sugar destroyer, it regulates sugar level by promoting insulin secretion in the body.
- WHITE SANDALWOOD (Santalum album) – This herb provides fragrance hence it is used in this formulation to enhance fragrance of mritsanjeevani sura.
- WATER – 84 LITRES
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Firstly jaggery is dissolved in water and then add coarse powder of above herbs in it. All these ingredients are put in mud vessel which is sealed properly. The vessel is kept in a room for fifteen days. After 15 days powder of herbs from betel nut to white sandalwood added to this mixture and kept in a room for one month. After one month mixture is filtered and used in various disorders accordingly.
Mritsanjeevani is used to increase strength and to improve digestion. It also enhances complexion of skin. This Ayurvedic formulation is very effective in severe fever and cholera.
USES AND BENEFITS OF MRITASANJEEVANI
- This Ayurvedic formulation improves body strength and stamina.
- Mritsanjeevani also provides nourishment to the body.
- This herbal formulation boosts immunity and helps to fight various diseases.
- Mritsanjeevani improves skin complexion and helps to provide younger looking healthy skin.
- It is considered as a miracle herbal remedy to give life to a dying person.
12 to 25 ML once or twice daily as advised by the Physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile