SREEKHANDASAVAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Sreekhandasavam is an Ayurvedic formulation prepared by the fermentation process. This asvam is mainly used in the treatment of troubles of alcohol and to control insanity.
- SHWET CHANDAN (Santalum album) – 23gm
- MARICHA (Piper nigrum) - 23gm
- JATAMAMSI (Nardostachys jatamansi) - 23gm
- HALDI (Curcuma longa) - 23gm
- DARUHARIDRA (Berberis aristata) - 23gm
- CHITRAK MOOLA (Plumbago zeylanica) - 23gm
- NAGARMOTHA (Cyperus rotundus) - 23gm
- KHAS (Vetiveria zizanoides) - 23gm
- TAGAR (Valeriana wallichii) - 23gm
- DRAKSHA (Vitis Vinifera) – 23gm
- RAKAT CHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) - 23gm
- NAGKESAR (Mesua ferrea) - 23gm
- PATHA (Cissampelos pareira) -23gm
- AMALA (Emblica officinalis) - 23gm
- PEEPAR (Piper longum) - 23gm
- CHAVYAMOOLA (Piper retrofractum) - 23gm
- LAUNG (Syzygium aromaticum) - 23gm
- ALUVALUK (Prunus cerasoides) – 23gm
- LODHRA (Symplocos racemose) - 23gm
- WATER – 24 LITRES
- DHATAKI FLOWERS (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 565 GM
- DRAKSHA (Vitis vinifera) - 2800 gm
- JAGGERY – 15 KG
REFERENCE – BHAISHJYA RATNAVALI // MADATYA ROGADHIKAR // 29 TO 33
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- SHAWET CHANDAN (Santalum album) – This herb is cool in potency it pacifies pitta dosha in the body. It is used for the treatment of headache, stomach ache, urinary and genital disorders.
- MARICHA (Piper nigrum) – This herb is useful in relieving symptoms of cigarette craving and anxiety in men.
- JATAMAMSI (Nardostachys jatamansi) - Jatamansi has many properties including anti-stress, anti-convulsive, and cognitive-enhancing abilities. Which is beneficial to manage alcohol intoxication.
- HALDI (Curcuma longa) - Haldi has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect on the nervous system. Curcumin is capable of promoting nerve regeneration after nerve damage.
- DARUHARIDRA (Berberis aristata) – Daruharidra has pitta pacifying properties and has a calming effect on mind.
- CHITRAK MOOLA (Plumbago zeylanica ) – Chitrakmoola is a natural digestive herb used to treat the problems of the digestive system which were aroused due to consumption of alcohol.
- NAGARMOTHA (Cyperus rotundus) – This herb helps to boost memory power and acts as a brilliant brain tonic.
- KHAS (Vetiveria zizanoides) - A common cause of impaired immune system is a deficiency of zinc in the body. Consuming khas-khas seeds, which are rich in zinc and helps in strengthening the immune system.
- TAGAR (Valeriana wallichii) – This herb is mainly used to treat sleep disorders (Insomnia). It also helps to relieve symptoms of anxiety and stress.
- DRAKSHA (Vitis vinifera) – Draksha acts as a brain protecting agent as it improves memory and concentration by enhancing function of brain.
- RAKAT CHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) - The soothing fragrance of rakat chandan strengthens your brain by allowing it to relax and calm.
- NAGKESAR (Mesua ferrea) – Nagkesar is pitta pacifying herb and it is used to relieve withdrawal symptoms of alcohol.
- PATHA (Cissampelos pareira) - Its high antioxidant content makes it useful as a general tonic.
- AMALA (Emblica officinalis) - It has memory enhancing, antioxidant and anti-cholinesterase activity. It is useful for the treatment of cognitive impairments induced by cholinergic dysfunction. It’s potential in the management of dementia and Alzheimer disease.
- PEEPAR (Piper longum) – Piper longum helps to stimulate the flow of oxygen to the brain and the organs.
- CHAVYAMOOLA (Piper retrofractum) - Piper retrofractum is one among Panchakola group of spices. It has pungent properties hence it stimulates nervous system and used in various brain tonics.
- LAUNG (Syzygium aromaticum) – Being rich in anti-oxidant properties it is used along with other herbs to treat insanity and nervous system disorders.
- ALUVALUK (Prunus cerasoides) – The extract of this herb has neuro protective properties and it improves brain functions.
- LODHRA (Symplocos racemose) – This herb stimulates hormonal activity of pituitary gland which is situated in the brain.
- DHATAKI FLOWERS (Woodfordia fruticosa) - Dhataki is mainly emphasized in the ancient Ayurvedic texts as one of the most important fermentation agents.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
All above ingredients are taken in coarse powder form and mixed with water. This mixture is poured in mud vessel along with that jaggery and dhataki flowers and draksha are added to promote fermentation process. The fermentation process is checked after 21 to 25 days and mixture is filtered. The vessel is kept undisturbed for one month and after one month mixture is filtered and stored in glass bottles for further use. This asavam should be used after 6 months of preparation.
This herbal formulation is used to treat the troubles that were aroused due to alcohol intake.
USES AND BENEFITS OF SREEKHANDASAVAM
- Beneficial to manage, Long-lasting sadness or irritability, mood disorders,
- Drastic changes in eating or sleeping habits.
- It helps to relieve the withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
12 to 25 ML once or twice daily as advised by the Physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy