Nalpamaradi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasra Yoga, Tailayoga Prakarana, 26, Ayurvedic Formulary of India Vol 1.
Nalpamaradi Thailam (Oil) is an Ayurvedic oil that is useful in treating skin problems with itching such as eczema.
- Nalpamara – 15 grams of each of group of four types of tree barks
- Vatta (Ficus benghalensis)
- Ashwattha (Ficus religiosa)
- Plaksha (Ficus lacor)
- Udumbara (Ficus glomerata)
- Triphala [Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis)]
- Chandana (Sandalwood) (Santalum album)
- Sevya (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia)
- Chora (Angelica glauca)
- Tila taila Oil of (Sesamum indicum) – 768 ml
- Paimanjal (wet turmeric) (Curcuma longa)
- Parpata (Fumaria indica)
Method of Preparation
Take 15 grams of four types of tree barks each herb given above. Prepare 3.072 liters of Water decoction from Paimanjal and Parpata. Heat the above combination of herbs, oil and liquid, till the oil is prepared. Filter this mixture & use this oil.
How to use?
This Ayurvedic oil is for external application only. It can be applied over the affected skin parts. This oil may be used for a longer period of time, as suggested by Doctor.
- Nalpamaradi oil is beneficial treatment for various skin diseases like herpes, scabies, eczema and dermatitis.
- It is very effective in skin allergies such as ring worm infestation.
- Also beneficial in blood impurities.
- It can even be used to get relief from any minor skin conditions.
- This oil is even good to use for baby massage.
- It has another use to improve fairness and skin complexion as this oil contains Turmeric and sandalwood.
Contraindications / Side Effects
No side effects had been found with external application of this oil.