Amrutadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam – Tailayoga Prakarana 72
Amrutadi Thailam is an Ayurvedic skin care oil, meant to treat the respiratory problems like cough, cold and bronchitis. This Ayurvedic oil balances Vata and Kapha in body.
- Oil of Sesamum indicum / coconut oil
Water decoction prepared from:-
- Amrutha – Tinospora cordifolia
- Vrisha – Adhatoda vasica
- Nirgundi – Vitex negundo
- Dwirepha – Eclipa alba
- Girimardini – Aerva lanata
- Vetragra – Garcinia indica
Herbal paste made of:-
- Jata – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Abhaya – Terminalia chebula
- Rohini – Terminalia species
- Laksha – Laccifer lacca
- Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrhiza glabra
- Sarjarasa – Vateria india
How to use?
- It is used for external application and orally.
- It is used to apply externally over chest and forehead.
- Internally it is administered in dose of 5 – 10 drops once or twice a day before food with warm water or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
There are no known side effect with this medicine.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.