Shankhpushpi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Bala Roga Chikitsa 71 – 155-159
Shankhpushpi Thailam is an herbal oil which is used to improve memory and intelligence in kids. It also improves nourishment.
Take 1 part each of:-
- Shankhapushpi – Clitorea ternatea
- Mahanimba – Melia azadirachta
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Arjuna – Terminalia arjuna
- Aranala – Fermented gruel
- Laksha – Laccifer lacca
- Mastu – Curd supernatent liquid
- Dadima – Pomegranate – Punica granatum
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
- Triphala – Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellirica and Phyllanthus emblica
- Chandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Nagarmotha– Cyperus rotundus
- Shrikhanda – Santalum album
- Licorice – Glycyrhiza glabra
- Shyama – Operculina turpethum
- Shaivala – Convolvulus pluricaulis
- Shephali – Vitex negundo
- Ratoptala – Nymhaea stellata
- Rasanjana – Aqueous extract of Berberis aristata
- Gandhadravya – Kasturi
Method of Preparation
Oil is prepared by using these ingredients in a proper taila pak method.
How to use?
It can also be used to apply all over the body.
It can be used in place of hair oil for kids.
- Improves memory and intelligence in kids.
- Improves skin texture, immunity and strength in children.
- There are no side effects for external application.
- Oral intake is best avoided.