Namkeen Sabudana (Sago) Khichadi Recipe
Namkeen sabudana khichadi is the delicious healthy recipe for those who are not fond of sweet meals. It has been seen that patients are restricted to various foods during illness so tasty sabudana khichadi is best alternative for them. Due to its nutritional value it is considered as healthy food and mostly adviced by the doctors. Sabudana has low calories so it comes under light meal. Sabudana khichadi is easy to chew and digest.
- 1/3 cup – Sabudana (Sago)
- 2 cup – water
- 3 tablespoon – olive oil/cow ghee
- 1 teaspoon – cumin (Jeera)
- 1/3 teaspoon – Turmeric (Haldi)
- Chopped coriander leaves (Hara dhania)
- ½ bowel – Green peas
- Salt according to taste
- Take 1/3 cup of sabudana (sago) and properly clean it with water for 2-3 times.
- Soak sabudana (sago) in water for at least 2-3 hours.
- Heat the olive oil in pan then add Cilantro (Hara dhania), cumin (Jeera) and turmeric. Mix all the ingredients and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Next step is to add the pea nuts and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add soaked sabudana (sago) in the pan and again fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour water in the fried sabudana and cook for 30 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Namkeen sabudana (sago) khichadi is ready and can be served hot.
- For time saving, soak the sabudana (sago) in warm water for 2-3 hours.
- Do not stop stirring subudana otherwise it will stick to each other.
- Sabudana can be served with curd because it is packed with properties like immunity enhancer, maintain the blood pressure and control the cholesterol levels.
- By adding the chopped vegetables like potato, nutritional value of namkeen sabudana khichadi can be increased.
To make this recipe for high blood pressure patients, salt quantity should be less.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile