Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Yoni vyapat chikitsa 67/51-56
Nashtapushpantak Ras is classical preparation that keep the balances of Pitta and Vata maintained. This Ayurvedic medicine is in the form tablet that consists of herbal and mineral ingredients. It has fine use in treating male and female infertility.
- Rasendra (Purified and processed Mercury)
- Gandhaka (Purified sulphur)
- Loha (Iron bhasma)
- Vanga (Tin bhasma)
- Soubhagya (Borax bhasma)
- Rajata (Silver Bhasma)
- Abhraka (Silica Bhasma)
- Tamra (Copper Bhasma)
- Daru (Cedrus deodara)
- Jivanti (Leptadenia reticulate)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Brihati (Solanum surattense)
- Kakamachi (Solanum indicum)
- Nakta (Pongamia pinnata)
- Taleesa (Abbies webbiana)
- Vetragra (Garcinia indica)
- Shvadamstra (Tribulus terrestris)
- Vrushaka (Adhatoda vasica)
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Saindhava (rock salt)
- Madhuka (Licorice) (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum)
- Lavanga (Clove) (Syzigium aromaticum)
- Vamshalochana (Bambusa bambos)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Gokshurabeeka (Tribulus terrestris) seed
Method of Preparation
Take 48 grams powder of each ingredient - Purified and processed Mercury, Purified sulphur and Bhasma of Iron, Tin, Borax, Silver, Silica and Copper and then triturate theses powders with water decoction prepared with Daru, Jivant, Kushtati, Kakamachi, Nakta, Taleesa, Vetragra, Shvadamstra, Vrushaka and bala. Then to this add 3 gm. of each of these ingredients – Saindhava, Madhuka Danti, Lavanga, Vamshalochana, Rasna and Gokshurabeeka and finally convert it to tablet form.
Consume 1-2 tablets 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Useful ayuvedic remedy to treat male and female infertility.
- It is also helpful therapy to relieve menstrual pain
- Another useful effects in case of Rheumatoid arthritis and eye diseases.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be taken under strict medical directions.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- Better to avoid in children and pregnant women.
- It's over dose could result in side effects like gastritis.
- Have this medicine in accurate dose for specified time recommended by the physician.