Reference: Ras Yog Sagar 266/1065 – 1067
Ashwa Kanchuki Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of cold, asthma, bronchitis, etc. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredient since it should be taken only under medical supervision. It balances Vata and Kapha.
10 g fine power of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
- Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis
- Shuddha Haratala Purified and processed Orpiment (Arsenic tri sulphide)
- Shuddha Jayapala – Croton tiglium
- Juice extract of Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba – Quantity Sufficient.
Method of Preparation
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with the juice extract of Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba), made into paste and pills are prepared.
Take 125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with honey, fresh ginger juice, betel leaf juice.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- This medicine should be taken in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Avoid this medicine during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.