About Anorexia nervosa
This is an eating disorder that is characterized by weight loss. In this eating disorder, the person is having difficulty in maintaining proper weight. People with this disorder generally take a strict diet and excessive exercise.
Different Types of Anorexia nervosa
- Binge or purge type: In this type of anorexia, after eating food person will purge and this gives a birth to fear of gaining weight which results in excessive exercise by the person and also vomiting or abusing laxatives.
- Restrictive type: In this type, the person is highly self disciplined. They follow a strict diet and exercise routine. This is also considered a form of self starvation.
Causes of Anorexia nervosa
- Genetic predisposition, personality traits and environmental factors are responsible for this particular disorder.
- Influence of media
- Professions such as modeling and ballet
- Sexual abuse and severe trauma
- Irregular hormone functioning
This disorder begins at adolescence age. But this can also happen in older or teenage.
Signs and symptoms of Anorexia nervosa
- Refuse to eat certain food
- Constipation, abdominal pain, cold intolerance,
- Not feeling hungry often
- Weight loss
- Cooks meals for others without eating
- Limited social spontaneity
- Intense fear of weight gain
- Shows flexible thinking
- Follows strict diet and exercise routine.
- These are also some physical problems that a person suffers these include:
- Dry skin
- Dry and brittle nails
- Fine hair on body
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling cold all the time
- Fainting, sleep problems, feeling dizziness all the time
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Poor immune system
- Thinning of hair on head
Diagnosis of Anorexia nervosa
- If the below situation is observed in an individual, then it is said that a person may be suffering from this particular diseases.
- Body weight or shape is experienced and if it is not normal, a person has chances that he/she is suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- Dramatic weight loss.
- A person restricts energy intake as required by the body.
Herbal Remedies for Anorexia nervosa by Planet Ayurveda
There are some amazing herbal remedies like Sanjivani Vati, Chitrakadi Vati, Hakam Churna and Digestion Support for ayurvedic and natural treatment of anorexia nervosa. These herbal remedies are formulated by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurveda) using wonderful herbs and natural herb extracts. These herbal remedies are free from any side effects as they do not contain any added chemicals and preservatives.
This herbal remedy is formulated with the help of below mentioned herbs:-
- Ginger root
- Guduchi herb
- Shuddh bhallataka
- Shuddh vatsnabh
Haritaki removes toxins from the body and release physical and emotional strain from the heart. The blend of these herbs helps to increase appetite and urge to eat. This blend also provides natural bile juice and helps in burning of waste material that gets stored in intestines blocking the system.
Dose: 2-4 tablets twice daily plain water.
This herbal remedy is formed from various herbs stated below that have many such properties that are considered helpful in treating this particular problem.
- Plumbago zeylanica
- Five salts
- Zingiber officinale
- Piper nigrum
- Piper longum
- Piper longum root
- Ferula asafoetida
- Piper chaba
- Trachyspermum roxburghianum
These herbs are known to solve the problems related to digestive system. As we know that digestive system has whole responsibility of looking after the food intake process. It provides help in treating abdominal pain, bloating, bowel movements, and irritable bowel syndrome which are some of the major symptoms of anorexia nervosa.
This herbal remedy improves the digestion and balances all the functions of the body. Not only this but this herbal remedy improves faulty eating habits.
Dose: 2 tablets 2 times a day with plain water.
3. HAKAM CHURNA
Hakam churna is formulated with the help of herbs such as chandershoor, kalonji, methi, ajwain. Hakam churna help in treatmet of infrequent bowel movements that result in anal and urinary bladder region. Kalonji, methi and ajwain are useful in dysmenorrheal-painful menstruation, body pain, abdominal pain and body stiffness.
Dose: 1 tsp twice daily with plain water.
This herbal remedy is formulated with the help of amla, haritaki, bahera, sounf, dhania, pippali, jeerak. These unique herbs acts together and controls acidity, flatulence, gas and also constipation. These herbs eliminate all those elements that are the main cause of loss appetite. Saunf one of the main ingredient of Indian kitchen alleviates gaseous distension of abdomen. The herb pippali helps solving problem of indigestion. This herb provides strength to the digestive system. Dhania relieves gas and constipation.
These are the herbal remedies that are helpful in solving this particular problem. These herbal remedies increase appetite and helps in proper functioning of the digestive system. Not only these herbal remedies but a proper diet and regular exercise is suggested to get rid of this particular problem.
Dose: 2 capsule two times daily with plain water.
There is a list of foods that should be included in the diet for better results:-
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Warm water
- Pine apple
It is suggested to include these foods in the diet as they are good for digestive system and have proved wonders in solving the problem of anorexia nervosa.Share with your friends: