Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Shlipada Rogadhikara 33 – 41
Nityananda Rasa is classical Preparation that keeps the Vata, Pitta and Kapha balanced. This is Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form comprises heavy metal ingredients. It is helpful in treatment of gout, piles, lymphadenitis, tumors, elephantiasis, etc.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Hingulottha Shuddha Parada (Herbal purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Herbal purified Sulphur)
- Tamra Bhasma (Bhasma prepared from Copper)
- Kamsya Bhasma (Bhasma (Calx) prepared from Bronze)
- Vanga Bhasma (Tin Calx)
- Shuddha Haratala (Purified and processed Orpiment) (Arsenic tri sulphide)
- Shuddha Tuttha (Purified Copper Sulphate)
- Shankha Bhasma (Bhasma of Conch Shell)
- Vidari (Pueraria tuberosa)
- Shunti (Ginger Rhizome) (Zingiber officinalis)
- Maricha (Black pepper) (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Long pepper fruit) (Piper longum)
- Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) (Terminalia chebula) – fruit rind
- Vibhitaki (Belliric Myrobalan) (Terminalia bellirica) – fruit rind
- Amalaki (Indian gooseberry) fruit – (Emblica officinalis Gaertn)
- Loha Bhasma (Bhasma prepared from Iron)
- Vidanga (False black pepper) (Embelia ribes)
- Vida Lavana (Vida salt)
- Samudra Lavana (Common salt)
- Saindhava Lavana (Black salt)
- Sauvarchala Lavana (Sochal salt)
- Romaka Lavana
- Chavya (Java Long Pepper) (Piper chaba)
- Pippalimoola (Long pepper(Piper longum) – root
- Hapusha (Juniperus communis)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Patha (Cyclea peltata)
- Devadaru (Himalayan cedar) (Cedrus deodara) – bark
- Ela (Cardamom) (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Vriddhadaru (Argyrea speciosa)
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
- Chitraka (Lead Wort) (Plumbago zeylanica) – root
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum)
- Shati (Curcuma zeodaria / Hedychium spicatum)
Method of Preparation
Take 10 g fine powder of each of ingredient given and prepare water decoction of Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula of sufficient quantity for grinding.
Consume 250-500 mg 1-2 times a day along with cold water, before or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor. It can be administered for a period of one month.
- Beneficial Ayurvedic treatment for gout, elephantiasis, tumors, obesity, lymphadenitis.
- Also good for diseases of blood, fatty tissue, muscle tissue, helminthiasis, hemorrhoids, etc.
- It is also found to be effective in treatment of cancers and lipoma.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- Its self-medication might be unsafe it, as it contains Aconitum as ingredient.
- Have it in accurate dose and for prescribed period of time as recommended by doctor.
- Its over can result in severe side effects.
- Better to avoid in pregnant and lactating mothers as well in children.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children.