Panchsakar Churna - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Ayurveda Sara Sangraha - Page 589.
Panchsakar Churna is an ayurvedic formulation that consists of five ingredients as its name describes. This medicine is known to have properties like laxative and purgative etc.
- Saindhava Lavana - Rock salt
- Swarnapatri - Cassia angustifolia
- Shatapushpa - Anethum sowa
- Shunti - Zingiber officinalis
- Balaharitaki - Unripe fruits of Terminalia chebula
Method of Preparation
Take all the ingredients up to 10 gram and powder them.
Now mix all the powders to form Churna.
Take one to two grams with warm water or milk, at bedtime.
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Over dose can cause diarrhea or gastric problem.
- Precautions should be taking if suffering from high BP.