PARTHADYARISHTAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, BENEFITS AND USES
Parthadyarishtam is an Ayurvedic liquid medicine, used as a herbal heart tonic. It is also known as Arjunarishta. Arjunarishta contains 6 – 12 % of self-generated alcohol in it. This self-generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble active herbal components to the body. This herbal formulation provides strength to body by boosting the immunity of a person.
- Arjuna Bark (Terminalia Arjuna) – 5 Kg
- Munnakka (Vitis Vinifera) – 2.5 Kg
- Mahua Flowers (Madhuca Indica) – 1kg
- Gud (Jaggery) – 5 Kg
- Dhava Flowers (Woodfordia Fruticosa) – 1 Kg
- Water - 48 Litres
BENEFITS OF INGREDINETS
1. Arjuna Bark (Terminalia arjuna) – Arjuna is a medicinal plant mainly used for heart diseases due to its cardio protective and cardio-strengthening properties. It provides strength to cardiac muscle and regulates heart rhythm. This herb is a good source of minerals. The bark of arjuna is mainly used in Ayurvedic formulations due to its medicinal properties.
2. Munnakka (Vitis vinifera) – Munnakka has antibacterial and cardio protective properties. It provides strength and nourishment to the body. Munnakka is a potent herb to elevate haemoglobin level.
3. Mahua Flowers (Madhuca indica) – The flowers of this plant are sweet in taste and are Balya in nature that provides strength. Mahua flowers are very nutritive and taken as a generalized body tonic.
4. Gud (Jaggery) – Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium that provides strength to fight against infections. Jaggery is considered one of the best cleansing agent for the body.
5. Dhava Flowers (Woodfordia fruticosa) – Dhataki is a very beneficial herb to cure many diseases. The flowers of this herb act as a fermentation agent hence used as an ingredient in many Asava’s and Arishta’s.
Reference – Bhaishajyaratnavali Hridrogadhikar 73 To 75 Manufacturer – Arya Vaidya Pharmacy
METHOD OF PREPARATION
The first three ingredients are taken in coarse powder form and decoction is prepared with 48 liters of water till it is reduced to ¼ of its actual content. The mixture is transferred into a mud pot. The jaggery and dhataki flowers are added for the fermentation and mixed well. The mud pot is sealed properly and kept undisturbed for one month for fermentation process. After one month this mixture is filtered and used accordingly.
This herbal liquid formulation is mainly used to treat heart diseases. It increases the strength and complexion of the skin.
BENEFITS OF PARTHADYARISHTAM
- It is useful in the treatment of chest injury, general debility and fatigue.
- This herbal formulation is also used to treat cardiovascular problems such as mild hypertension, anaemia, etc.
DOSE – 12 to 25 ml once or twice daily as directed by physician.