Reference: Charaka Samhita Chikitsa Sthana 29/123, Ashtanga Hridayam Chikitsa Sthana 22/22
Pinda Thailam is an Ayurvedic medicated oil having anti-inflammatory properties. This herbal oil is useful to relieve pain especially caused due to gouty arthritis. It is for external application only.
- Madhuchhista (Honey bee wax) – 280 g
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia) – 455 g
- Sarjarasa (Vateria indica) – – 186 g
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – 455 g
- Taila (Sesamum indicum) Oil – 6 liters
- Water – 24 liters
Method of Preparation
Heat all the above given ingredients till all the moisture content gets evaporated and Taila is formed. Then the oil is filtered and preserved. Keep it in cool and dry place.
Pinda Thailam is an effective Ayurvedic oil, having external application, possessing topical analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Its cooling effect, makes it suitable in pitta and vata doshas related illnesses developing in bones, joints, muscles and skin.
It is very useful in gouty arthritis, its massage provides relief from pain, lessens burning sensation, decrease redness, joint tenderness and inflammation occurring, improves the movement in the joints. This oil is even beneficial in other varieties of arthritis, as in case of rheumatoid arthritis, efficacious to relieve the burning sensation in joints as well as tenderness.
Doing massage with this Ayurvedic oil is quiet efficient in alleviating tiredness of feet and relieves the burning sensation and paresthesia.
It is beneficial in skin problems too. Also helpful in avoiding excessive skin exfoliation, heals foot blisters and reduces burning sensation. The oil reduces skin rashes thereby providing defensive action against skin lesions.
How to Use?
It has to be applied externally over the affected area as directed by the physician.
Gout patients should apply this oil daily over the body before bathing.
- This oil is very useful to relieve pain related to gouty arthritis.
- It can even reduce swelling, redness and pounding pain.
- Also useful in other types of arthritis.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- Till now no side effects have been noticed with external application of this oil.
- This oil is not to be consumed orally. In case accidentally it is consumed orally immediately consult your doctor.
- Keep it away from the reach and sight of children.