How to Make Poha Recipe At Home?
Poha is one of the most loved Indian recipe. In the different parts of the country poha is made in different styles. From the nutritional point of view poha is considered as healthy food. It is considered as complete meal when cooked with vegetables which are rich source of minerals, vitamins and fibre. Daily consumption of poha helps to reduce the chances of anemia. It is an easy to digest food and considered as a good meal for breakfast. It is also a healthy food for lactating women, pregnant women and children. Poha is the good source of carbohydrates thus provides instant energy to body.
Poha contains a very few amount of gluten. So it is good diet for people who are not sensitive to gluten. Poha is also considered as good food for the diabetic patients because it promotes the gradual release of sugar into blood stream.
- Beaten or pressed rice- 2 cups
- Olive oil - 1-2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Salt according to taste
- Curry leaves - 6-7 leaves
- Chopped green chilies- 1-2
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Chopped tomato - 1
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Green peas - 8 - 10 pieces
- Peanut - 7 - 8 pieces
- Lemon juice - One teaspoonful
- Wash the poha in astrainer.
- Keep it for 2-3 minutes so that poha get only moist not mashed. Add salt in it.
- Take a pan and heatoil in it. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. Saute all the things for 30 seconds.
- Add onion, green chilies,turmeric powder in it and again sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add chopped tomato,peas and peanuts and poha.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Cook it at reduced flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Poha is ready and can be served hot.
- Don't let the poha wet for longer times, otherwise it will be mashed up.
- Prefer to take it in breakfast, because it is an easily digestive food.
- Add less salt if you are making this recipe for high blood pressure patients.