Reference - Rasa Tarangini
Ras Sindoor is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to be prepared form mixture of herbs and minerals. This is used to treat problems related with weakness.
- Shuddha Parada (Purified and processed Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified and processed Sulphur)
- Vatankura (Ficus benghalensis) - Sufficient quantity for grinding
Method of preparation
- Take parad 8 gm and gandhaka up to 16 grams and prepare the formulation through kupipakwa method.
- Kupipakwa method - In this method, the ingredients of mineral origin are mixed together to form fine powder.
- In this process a kupi (glass flask) is used.
- The kupi is filled with one third with mixture of minerals.
- Then the glass flask covered with a cloth. This cloth is coated with clay paste seven times.
- Cover it and let that kupi dry.
- Now bury the kupi in balukayantra (the earthen pot filled with sand, at the center of which the Kupi is immersed for heating) up to neck and start the process of heating.
- The heat is provided in three stages - the mild, mid and high flame.
- Now seal the mouth of the flask using chalk pieces.
- These pieces are coated with jaggery or clay.
- Remove the flask from heating and cool it down.
- Break the flask in the middle and collect the material that is present in the neck.
125 mg, one to two times a day, before or after meals with honey.
- Weak immunity
- Non - healing wounds
- Urinary tract infections
- Abdominal pain
- Heart related diseases
- Inflammation related ailments
- In tuberculosis also.
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation
- Take the medicine under doctor's prescription.