Reference: Sahasrayoga Kashaya Prakarna
Rasnairandadi Kashayam is a herbal formulation. It can be used to cure locked jaw, lower back ache, pain in flanks etc.
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Castor (Ricinus communis)
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Porcupine flower (Barleria prionitis)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Indian stinging nettle (Tragia involucrata)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Tinospora (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Himalayan cedar (Cedrus deodara)
- Aconites (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Ghana (Cyperus rotundus)
- Hygrophila (Asteracantha longifolia)
- Spiked ginger lily (Hedychium spicatum)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
Method of Preparation
Clean and crush all the ingredients to form a coarse powder and add it to 16 times water and boil it till it reduces to 1/4th its actual amount and get it off the flame and let it cool. Filter this decoction and keep the filtrate in tinted glass bottles.
10 to 15 ml twice daily before meals. Equal amount of water can be added before consuming.
- Back pain
- Lumbar spondylitis
- Pain due to injury
- Over dosage may cause gastritis. Patients who already suffer from gastritis might see worsened gastritis.
- It should be consumed under strict medical supervision.