An herbal decoction is called Kwath, kadha, kshaya in Ayurveda. Decoction is made by putting the herbs in water and boiling them till the herbs are completely infused and amount of water reduces to 1/4th. Rasnasaptak Kashayam is helpful in treating arthritis, gout, rheumatism, back ache, lumbago, sciatica, spondylitis, stiff joints and other similar inflammatory disorders. This formulation helps in balancing the Vata and Kapha. This formulation has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rasna (Alpinia galangal)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Castor (Ricinus communis)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Aragvadha (Cassia fistula)
- Powdered dry ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
Method of Preparation
Clean all the ingredients and crush them coarsely. Take around 10 grams of this coarse powder and soak it in 250 ml water. Boil it the next morning till the initial amount reduces to 1/4th. Put off the flame and filter it with the help of a muslin cloth or strainer while it's still warm.
10 to 20 ml of this warm decoction can be taken on an empty stomach or before meals for 60 days.
- Enhances appetite
- Improves digestion
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint stiffness
- Intercostal neuralgia
- Over dosage should is discouraged.
- It should be taken under strict medical supervision.