NAYOPAYAM KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Nayopayam Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in decoction form i.e. Kashayam. It is an effective medicine to treat the diseases of the respiratory system.
- Bala moola (Sida cordifolia) – 10 parts
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) – 2 parts
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) – 2 parts
- Water – 16 times to all
SAHASARYOGA KASHAYAY PRAKARAN
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Bala Moola (Sida cordifolia) – Bala is a medicinal plant which is used in the treatment of various ailments such as respiratory disorders and conditions where the fluid is retained inside the body. It is analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic in activity. It is beneficial to inner strength and improves immunity. It acts as a general health tonic as well.
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) – Jeeraka, a popular Indian medicine which is extensively used for the treatment of various digestive and respiratory ailments. It is digestive stimulant and carminative in nature. It is piercing and hot in potency. It helps to eliminate phlegm and clears the air pathway for comfortable breathing. It controls hiccups as it removes flatulence.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) – Shunthi is anti-inflammatory, anti-emetic and digestive in nature. It is natural pain reliever and an expectorant in action. Due to its expectorant activity, it is useful in the treatment of cough.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
All ingredients are taken in a coarse powder form and mixed with water. This mixture is boiled to make a decoction until it is reduced to one eighth. After completion of process, this decoction is filtered with a clean cloth and preserved in glass jars. This herbal formulation is used in treating cough, asthma and hiccups.
Nayopayam kashayam is effective in the treatment of asthma, hiccups and cough. It is widely used in the treatment of other respiratory disorders as well.
USES AND BENEFITS OF NAYOPAYAM KASHAYAM
This herbal formulation is beneficial in respiratory problems, especially in case of cough and asthma. It also relieves hiccups. It is good in catches too.
5 to 15 ml once or twice daily with 4 times boiled luke warm water as suggested by physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy